Played with the Nexus One Today ..

barkerja

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
I was out at Red Robin's today and I noticed a gentleman sitting next to me with a familiar looking phone, it looked like the Nexus One! Living in San Francisco it didn't surprise me if it was, so I asked the man if it was. He was a Google employee and let me play with it ..

My god, what a phone. There is absolutely no lag with anything, it is very slim fits in the hand perfectly. It puts the Droid and any other Android phone to shame in performance.

I can't wait for this phone. :eek: I would have taken some pics but he seemed to not want me to, so I respected that.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Cool! I get to have some hands on time over New Years and can't wait.

It must be a pretty strict Google thing. I went to school with this fellow and have known him for 20+ years, and he can't send me a pic either. As he understands it, both T-Mo and Google would like the heads of the few people who have leaked images to the public...harder to have mysterious hype after people have seen it.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
From what I hear, a lot of those performance boosts are from 2.1, not from the hardware. Apparently Droids running Flan are significantly snappier than ones running 2.0.1 as well.

barkerja

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
Of course there are performance enhancements in 2.1, but that coupled with the 1Ghz Snapdragon processor, it FLIES.

The build quality felt phenomenal. A bit thinner than the Hero, and weight wise about the same. I didn't take a pic with the camera, as I literally only go to play with it for about 30 seconds. I just opened a few apps, checked out the new 3D animations, and opened the browser and poked around.

He was sitting at the table next to mine and I didn't want to be too big of a nuisance.

TaeKwonDonkey

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
He said soon?
Soon could be anything from tomorrow to the second quarter of 2010 lol, buts it good to see that it'll be on Tmobile. I definitely getting this the day it comes out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796