Playing music from the music folder only

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Can this be done? I use voice recorder to record meetings and when I play music offline, I'm constantly pressing skip to get the stupid thing to play the music again (on shuffle).

It's really frustrating to have a lot of voice recordings in say "voice recorder folder" and all my music in the "music" folder but all the music players just pull .mp3 from the whole phone because I'll go from ACDC to, "today we will be discussing blah blah blah in today's meeting."

Making one big playlist of music.mp3 seems like a lousy work around which is all I can think of

thanks in advance

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could try adding a ".nomedia" file in the folder with the voice recordings. This should make the Media Scanner ignore that folder when searching for music, photo, and video files to populate the Gallery and the Music apps. You can create a blank ".nomedia" text file with any file manager.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Adding .nomedia is a good idea. You can also use a folder structure player, such as Beam Player and Maple, which it let you select music from specific folders.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61