Please Help: Additional Unroot/root firmware questions

TomFrazier

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello all... I've read the Sticky on how to root and unroot ATT Galaxy Note 2 however I have a few additional questions.

Background: The reason I want to unroot. My 20 month old ATT Galaxy Note 2 is getting very slow and battery drain is sporadic from 60mA to 1900mA even with the phone on but not in use and the screen off. Haven't been able to find the source of the drain in the last 6 weeks. I used to be able to go all day to 20% or 30% charge, now I have to carry a charger everywhere because I can't go 4 hours without charging. Battery is good. I use the free Battery Monitor Widget and Clean Master. Haven't installed any new apps since the slow down or sporadic drain. I've uninstalled a bunch of apps that I rarely use and reinstalled and updated the ones I do use in hopes that it would fix the issues. It's been rooted with custom firmware since Dec 2012. Obviously there is something wrong in the software. Thinking along the lines of corrupt registry or drivers if there is such a thing in Android?

My Phone: SGH-I317, Android Version 4.1.2, Baseband: I317UCALK7 Kernel Version: 3.0.31-578342 se.infra (at) sep-79 #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Nov 30 18:49:31 KST 2012, Build Number: JZ054K.I317UCALK7

Additional Info: The reason I originally rooted is because I occasionally use the device as a hot spot (tethering) for my Galaxy Note 10.1... I am also now on Win 8.1 on a new laptop. Do not have Samsung drivers or any old backups installed. I DO NOT want to loose any functionality of my Note 2. i.e. I want to keep the pen function etc...

My Questions:
Do I have to Unroot to the original Note 2 with my custom firmware and go to the original firmware and then get the latest Samsung firmware and then root again and install the latest custom firmware or can I just install stable custom firmware based on the latest Samsung firmware. Mind you I don't want to loose any functionality.

What is the latest stable firmware that is battery friendly, keeps all functionality (pen) and has tethering?

Any other info or help is also mush appreciated just in case I missed something,

Thanks!!!
Tom

TomFrazier

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Anyone?
My Questions:
Do I have to Unroot to the original Note 2 with my custom firmware and go to the original firmware and then get the latest Samsung firmware and then root again and install the latest custom firmware or can I just install stable custom firmware based on the latest Samsung firmware. Mind you I don't want to loose any functionality.

What is the latest stable firmware that is battery friendly, keeps all functionality (pen) and has tethering?

Any other info or help is also mush appreciated just in case I missed something,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol