Please help, I'm hearing voices!

Kalifornia

Dude
Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I cannot pin-point the cause so I wasn't sure which forum to post this in but I have noticed that a few times while talking on my Captivate (running Cognition v2.3b8) that when a calendar event reminder triggers, I hear an automated voice reading the calendar description and summary to me.

It might be nice except it talks over the person I am actually having a conversation with and I can't seem to turn it off.

I can't tell if this is a setting for:
  • Android
  • Cognition ROM
  • Vlingo SafeReader (which I have turned off)
  • something else

Please help!!

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
If it is not Vlingo, then check your TEXT TO SPEECH settings.

MENU-SETTINGS-TEXT TO SPEECH and make sure DRIVING MODE is not on. If that is off, I would uninstall Vlingo. Vlingo does have some keep-alive functions that you may be overlooking.

Reactions: Kalifornia

Kalifornia

Dude
Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I ended up uninstalling vlingo. Is the only thing I can think of right now and at least it eliminates one of the potential causes. We'll see what happens. Thanks for the response.

Kalifornia

Dude
Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Well I removed Vlingo and that doesn't seem to be the cause. I was on a call last night ans received a text message and I could hear the automated voice dictating the sender's name to me over the conversation I was having.

Could this be a Cognition ROM thing? Anyone else know of any settings that could affect this?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
It is not a Cog thing. It almost has to be the text to voice car mode function. Were it me at this point, I would run a TitBu, wipe and Flash Cog back on. Restore Apps only from TitBu. Whatever setting is doing that should be gone with your clean slate.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayyub21