Please help me with rooting

singh4510

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
i have the revo...trying to root it and it doesnt connect in adb or in my computer ...and it shows some type of error device not succuessfully installed ...i have already installed the drivers for the phone .....how the h*** do i root this f****** thing annoying MAN!!!!!.......TRYED EVERYTHING ....it on android 2.2.2 and i need a root .....i tried the super one click methond and it gets stuck on waiting for device....it doesnt even read in adb......Can someone PLEASE GUIDE ME THROUGH THIS ????

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. I've edited your post as we do not allow profanity. Also, an exceeding number of exclamation points and all caps usually is not a good way to get a response to your thread. And we have a special section for rooting related subjects, which is where I'm moving your thread. Good luck with your problem.

Last edited:

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
You prob just need to switch USB ports. ADB will only work on the #1 port on your computer. Try the directions and switch USB ports until you find the one that works. Then use that one for anything in ADB. On a PC it's likely the top port on the back, on a laptop, your guess is as good as mine.

singh4510

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
i tryed that it didnt work thanks though .............but in my device manager on the computer it comes up as lg android internet device and as a ''!'' mark on it ......i already installed the drivers and it still doesnt see the device :':)':)'(

singh4510

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
by the way what in the world is lg bootstraper ?? it says use that to install drivers but i used the one i found on the lg website

singh4510

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Stuck in steps doesnt root???

so i tryed the adb methond to root my revo lg and it doesnt change from $ to # and i tryed puting the su and it says su:permission denied .....nothins working what do i do??:confused:

speedtrap63

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
You probably have the V6 software. To check, go to Settings-About Phone and scroll to SW Version. If it says VS910ZV6 then you can't root. The latest software has blocked root somehow and no exploit has been found to my knowledge.

You'll just have to wait for the guys at xda developers to finish their CM7 port or for the Gingerbread update like the rest of us. Whenever that is. :(

ebauman

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
AFAIK, Android 2.2.2 Froyo cannot be rooted on the LG Revolution. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've tried almost every root method out there, with no success.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dijablue