PLEASE make this Sprint article true!

Got2buzz

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Check out this article re: Sprint going to LTE:

Sprint Could Be Ditching WiMax For LTE

I can only PRAY and BEG this comes true!

But alas based on their latest shall we say bone head move, they will probably hire Chris Angel for a "world shaking event" to announce a NEW technology-Two cans and a STRING!:D

We should ALL start letter and email writing now in hopes that the NEW Sprint CEO actually reads his mail!;)

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
O'well better late than never, hopefully they will do a slow phase out or a dual WIMAX, LTE configuration due to all the WIMAX phones out there already.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
It's been a pretty common consensus that Sprint won't be sticking with WiMax forever. I think the financial instability of Clearwire and the uncertain future of WiMax (and Clearwire for that matter) may have forced Sprint to revisit this issue a lot sooner than they had originally planned.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The issue will still remain that this will be a very expensive more for Sprint. And if they are having to look into much sooner then expected, i will not be surprised if this will result in some price and plan changes soon, other then ones that have taken affect already.

Get ready for the people to troll around complaining about the price increases as well as wanting better coverage. Choose one, you cant have both.

I, myself, will welcome the change as it can only mean the coverage will be improved then what it already is.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The issue will still remain that this will be a very expensive more for Sprint. And if they are having to look into much sooner then expected, i will not be surprised if this will result in some price and plan changes soon, other then ones that have taken affect already.

Get ready for the people to troll around complaining about the price increases as well as wanting better coverage. Choose one, you cant have both.

I, myself, will welcome the change as it can only mean the coverage will be improved then what it already is.

It won't cost that much. WiMax and LTE are very similar spec-wise, and Sprint has already been working with Vendors on this issue. (so has Clearwire) Unlike Verizon and AT&T, which have to roll out 4G from the ground up, Sprint would already be halfway there when they choose to start rolling out LTE.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The word "troll" does not mean what you appear to think it means.

The irony in this statement ironic.

There's no doubt Sprint has to make the switch, the question is when and how. Do they build out LTE as a seperate network, or convert WiMax and abandon their current 4G customers?

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Also Japan and Korea and quite a few other countries have wimax , not just Sprint and Russia.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Also Japan and Korea and quite a few other countries have wimax , not just Sprint and Russia.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Ah, I thought there were one or two more, but I wasn't sure. Point is, LTE is going to dominate WiMax once Europe and AT&T launch their networks.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Eh, kind of. And I'm willing to bed WiMax is going to have the same fate as HD DVD did. Sprint is going to be "evaluating it's long-term 4G plans", which as far as I'm concerned is short for "ditching WiMax for LTE" in the future.

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
This is why I'm waiting for my upgrade until we see quad core. Hopefully by then Sprint will have switched to LTE. I love my EVO but don't want another WiMax phone as i'll probably never be covered and LTE is the future.

Sent from my HTC EVO with Tapatalk Pro

nfalbo

Sep 24, 2010
twitter.com
The worlds largest wimax provider "yota" Telecom of Russia announced thisboast may that it was going to transition overbto lte. I am thinking that wimax is the HDDVD of the industry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mt20apps