Please Read. About Battery Life.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone. I ended up exchanging for the 13 Pro Max. But since I've done so, something in me wonders if I should have done the exchange for a different Fold 4.

Granted I may have gotten the same SOT as the other, but I think the pros outweighed the cons in the long run for me. Could have just kept a charger at work just in case. But on the flip side, irrates me that Android can't get the same battery life as an Apple phone, lol.
U should always buy what suits u and your needs...if iPhone u like u should buy that..BTW u could get iPhone 14 pro ?

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Have heard Facebook app is a battery drainer...try to use web for Facebook and see if any difference......
That part. FB app is horrible on battery so much that I've heard of a lot of people just switching to using it in the browser as the interface is essentially the same as the app, but fb is a massive drainer.Screenshot_20220910_100629_Google.jpg

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone. I ended up exchanging for the 13 Pro Max. But since I've done so, something in me wonders if I should have done the exchange for a different Fold 4.

Granted I may have gotten the same SOT as the other, but I think the pros outweighed the cons in the long run for me. Could have just kept a charger at work just in case. But on the flip side, irrates me that Android can't get the same battery life as an Apple phone, lol.
For sure. I look at Apple devices like a Toyota carry (not the new models). It's a number one seller you hear how save and reliable it is, but then you also realize how boring it is to drive day to day so pick the exotic car that's fun to drive that's not the best on gas (it's not bad either). You question yourself on why you keep choosing not to drive a gas saver until you get behind the wheel again and all faith is restored .

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
The best thing I ever did was leave Facebook... That said I feel your pain OP but I personally would have went with another fold and set it up scratch brand new no backup., You most certainly will get great battery life out of that 13 PM but you won't have as much fun with the phone...

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
The best thing I ever did was leave Facebook... That said I feel your pain OP but I personally would have went with another fold and set it up scratch brand new no backup., You most certainly will get great battery life out of that 13 PM but you won't have as much fun with the phone...
Yeah I too would have exchanged with another Fold 4....
Once u go fold u can't go to back to normal phones...
Fold is really versatile....it really helps me with my work...very easy to use 1 hand also....

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
So far I haven't experienced much of anything different in battery life between my ZF4 and S22U. I have the same apps installed and have used it much the same way with the ZF4 using the main inner screen more for videos. It's really interesting to read up on folks different experiences, but I always say that SOT is one of the worst indicators of battery life when comparing it to someone else. It's sad that it's become like the defector standard to represent battery life - but until the phone you're comparing it to is doing the same tasks, it's a useless comparison. This is precisely why those Youtube battery tests they do - they do them with all the phones doing exactly the same tasks.

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
So an Update:

I had to go back to the T-Mobile store to get my receipt. Yesterday their system was down and couldn't print a receipt. So I asked the same guy that helped me would the system allow another exchange for a new ZF4.

Said he'd try. Well it worked out that since their system was so messed up yesterday, that the system didn't even see the exchange I did yesterday in the system. Wild.

And the ZF4 that I 'returned' had not even been keyed in the system as an exchange.

So they said give them back the iPhone 13 Pro Max and I could get back the ZF4. So I did. Set it up again as new, added a few apps.

I DID NOT add the FB app just to see if that makes a difference. Using through the browser.

Glad to have it back.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
So an Update:

I had to go back to the T-Mobile store to get my receipt. Yesterday their system was down and couldn't print a receipt. So I asked the same guy that helped me would the system allow another exchange for a new ZF4.

Said he'd try. Well it worked out that since their system was so messed up yesterday, that the system didn't even see the exchange I did yesterday in the system. Wild.

And the ZF4 that I 'returned' had not even been keyed in the system as an exchange.

So they said give them back the iPhone 13 Pro Max and I could get back the ZF4. So I did. Set it up again as new, added a few apps.

I DID NOT add the FB app just to see if that makes a difference. Using through the browser.

Glad to have it back.

Every time you open that Big Glorious inner screen you'll be so glad you have it ;)

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
So an Update:

Glad to have it back.
Honestly using fb website on the inner screen should provide a good experience. Hopefully the app removal solves most of your battery woes. It's truly a great device, but you already know that lol

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I hope this second device will be better. In addition, give it time. The honeymoon period is not a good judge of daily usage.

It suppose to learn your usage over time and adjust the device to be more efficient, which includes battery life. I think this is helpful for non-power users as they are unaware of all the background suck from all the installed apps. For example, Samsung notification saying certain app has been put to deep sleep due to non usage. Good indicator to either let it sleep (saves background data and power suck) or uninstall it altogether. Power user will know enough to adjust the app individually.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Battery is just getting better and better....iam.getting better battery life on my fold 4 than S22 ultra...this new processor is dam goodScreenshot_20220912_193648_Device%20care.jpg

Umbrokhan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
4 hours and 36 minutes is not good screen on time.
6 hours is acceptable.
8 hours is excellent.
I was thinking of getting Fold 4 but hearing about bad battery life and some people complaining about battery drain on standby.

Getting power brick to charge phone at work
Or staying near a plug socket is the only solution.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
4 hours and 36 minutes is not good screen on time.
6 hours is acceptable.
8 hours is excellent.
I was thinking of getting Fold 4 but hearing about bad battery life and some people complaining about battery drain on standby.

Getting power brick to charge phone at work
Or staying near a plug socket is the only solution.
Screen on-time is not a good gauge of whether it's good battery life or poor. There are many factors that go into battery life that will make a huge difference between person to person. The way they use their phones, the apps that run both and foreground and background, screen size, standby. I personally think 1 day 15 hours between charging cycles is pretty decent, especially considering the screen size and the amount of power needed to power it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Screen on-time is not a good gauge of whether it's good battery life or poor. There are many factors that go into battery life that will make a huge difference between person to person. The way they use their phones, the apps that run both and foreground and background, screen size, standby. I personally think 1 day 15 hours between charging cycles is pretty decent, especially considering the screen size and the amount of power needed to power it.
I agree

Jccutz2781

Sep 27, 2022
Visit site
I had to comment being that I've had similar thoughts about the iphone. I had the z fold three and I did not love it. The battery life was absolutely horrible but I was starting to understand how to get used to having the combo phone / tablet in one. I bought the 4 and I love this thing. I cannot get enough of it and my battery life has actually been better than my note 20 ultra and my s22 ultra. I love the extra brightness feature as well as how good games and apps look on the big screen. I think you would have regretted staying with the 13 pro Max as once the novelty wore off about the battery, the phone itself in my opinion it's just the same old iphone. I think the fold four is so customizable and there are so many things you could do that it's going to get better and better over time as they release updates, so I think you made a really good choice getting it back again.