Pocket Casts: Intelligent Playback Resumption?

gomezz

May 8, 2021
Visit site
Just started using Pocket Casts after using other podcatcher apps in the past. Very happy with it but would be even happier if the Intelligent Playback Resumption feature worked but it does not seem to do anything.
I work as a multi-drop driver with frequent stop / starts and consequently frequent Pause / Play of the music or podcast I am listening to. Current work van has radio with Bluetooth and Autoplay so can keep my phone in my pocket with no need to manually press any buttons as playback pauses when I open the door and resumes when I start the engine. But if listening to a podcast I like to skip back 20 seconds or so to recover the context of what is being said. I thought Intelligent Playback Resumption would do this for me automatically but it seems to do nothing and I have to manually use the skip back button on the van radio instead.
Is this a known issue or am I alone in having it not work? Just sent feedback to the app authors to see what they have to say about it but as it is a feature not mentioned anywhere in their help and support information and only exists as an option in General Settings I am wondering if is an abandoned feature.

(using a Samsung S20 FE)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter