Podcast App non-responsive when streaming

Kevin Mogee

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a Google Pixel 3 XL. I just updated to Android 10, and since the update, I've experienced a strange problem with Google Podcasts. I can stream music to my Chromecast Audio without any issues, but when I try to stream a podcast, the app becomes non-responsive. If I start a podcast and then click the Cast icon, it works fine and the podcast comes through the speakers, but that's when the trouble starts. The app itself becomes non-responsive. I can't pause, rewind, fast forward, or anything. The only way I can get the app to stop playing is to go into the Home app, select the speaker, and then hit the 'Stop Casting' button. There isn't even a play/pause button in the center of the volume control.

I know the Google Podcast app isn't that popular, and streaming it to a Chromecast Audio is probably even less so, but has anyone else noticed this problem?

I contacted Google Online Help, but they put me in touch with YouTube Paid Support, and they weren't able to assist. They sent me a link to open a trouble ticket with the Google Podcast team, but the form was looking for information about a specific podcast; not with the app itself. I filled out the form, but I have a feeling it will not go anywhere.

Any suggestions would be really helpful.

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since it's a Google app, once it automatically signs you back into your Google account, that information ought to be resynced immediately, so I don't think you'll lose your subscriptions. (But I don't use the app, so I can't be 100% sure.)