poor mms quality

glk#WN

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else had this problem, when I send a pic it appears extremely pixilated. I know that mms is a compressed picture but it looks terrible compared to my iphone

dhughes

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed this as well. I also noticed in the SMS/MMS options that there is a section that limits the size of the message, and the largest that it can be is 600K. I have not seen this on other phones before so I am not sure if its only like this on the inspire, or maybe htc sense phones.

winsettr

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure this is a feature of the HTC messaging application. I have received MMS pictures from HTC Evo's, and they have the exact same pixelation... Not a feature anyone but carriers are particularly happy with.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Hmm i havent had an issue with this so far.. sending and receiving have both looked good (even though they come up in slide show mode and i hate that) mine does say "compressing picture" but i assume it is then decompressed on the other side.

dhughes

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyway to get around this? Also can the slideshow mode be disabled?

I also wanted to say that when I insert a MMS picture the max it will allow is 600K, but it never even allows that much for me its usually like 350-400k. I do not know why.

I have just started sending pictures via email if I want to keep the quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Authority_Institute