POOR Overnight Charging with Relax & Sleep and Alarm Clock ON

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Overnight when I am charging I wake and my phone is @ 82%. Yes, I sleep with Relax & Sleep playing and the Alarm Clock Plus ON, but I don't think that should be an issue. I loved the dock/desk clock built into Sense on the RZound, but this doesn't exist anymore? Anyways - why won't it fully charge? I am using the OLD blackberry charge cable in the back of my dock, could that be an issue? Is it not getting enough juice? I am going to switch them out tonight and see what happens tomorrow, but wanted to see if anyone else is waking with a sorry charging experience.

Oh and I love this phone, esp the TV Remote option, that was amazing!!!

What has been your overnight charging experience?

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Overnight when I am charging I wake and my phone is @ 82%. Yes, I sleep with Relax & Sleep playing and the Alarm Clock Plus ON, but I don't think that should be an issue. I loved the dock/desk clock built into Sense on the RZound, but this doesn't exist anymore? Anyways - why won't it fully charge? I am using the OLD blackberry charge cable in the back of my dock, could that be an issue? Is it not getting enough juice? I am going to switch them out tonight and see what happens tomorrow, but wanted to see if anyone else is waking with a sorry charging experience.

Oh and I love this phone, esp the TV Remote option, that was amazing!!!

What has been your overnight charging experience?

Well, first of all, the HTC One has a 'slow' charge by nature. It what time did you start charging your phone? What % battery did you have when you plugged in the charger? And at what time did you have 82% charge? Keep in mind that while playing audio, beats audio and internal amp can use up battery, combined with slow charge times could actually take longer than usual. As long as the power adapter is putting out the same current rating as the HTC one, you should be fine.
Personally, I don't have any issues with charge.

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
It was at 36% at 10pm when I plugged it in, then @ 7am it was at 82%. I am thinking that my old charging cord could be the issue. Going to replace with the HTC one tonight.

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Well, that was interesting. I had both Relax and Sleep and the Alarm Clock app running and at 4am I was at 81%. I shut down the Alarm Clock app and within an hour I was at 100%. It is the app, need a new alarm clock app/desktop dock clock thingy. Wish they didn't take that away from Sense.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, that was interesting. I had both Relax and Sleep and the Alarm Clock app running and at 4am I was at 81%. I shut down the Alarm Clock app and within an hour I was at 100%. It is the app, need a new alarm clock app/desktop dock clock thingy. Wish they didn't take that away from Sense.

What app? It kept the screen alive to show the clock?

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
It was called Alarm Clock plus and yes it kept the screen alive - but it was dimmed so I didn't think it would use much power, but man it was bad!

H_Wordsmythe

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
The slow charge on this phone is a joke. Mid-day charges are useless, the phone drains faster than it charges.

I've been very pleased with the charge time on this phone, actually. I was all ready to cope with a slow charge, but mine has charged as quickly as any other smartphone I've had in the past. I was actually wondering if the Verizon version had enabled quick charge, to be honest!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I've only had my phone for a few days now and just last night was the first time I reached 100% charge. The previous two mornings I've woke to 96 or 98% and 99%. With an old feature phone I had I found that using the phone while charging killed the battery, not drained, killed, like it won't hold a charge. Anyway, I proved it again with my Inc, but with that phone I had close to 8 extra batteries. We had two Inc's in our house though. Not being able to change the battery if it should die in this phone is something I am very aware of and I'm doing all that I can to not kill it before its time. So I'm not playing while it charges and so far I'm getting 15 to 17 hours before I charge. I haven't tried doing any mid-day charges. I used to with my Rezound, but right now I'm trying to see how long I'll get without charging between morning and night. Plus I feel like short little charges may be as damaging to the battery as using the device while it charges.? I'd be interested to hear other's opinion on charging intervals and battery longevity?

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I've been very pleased with the charge time on this phone, actually. I was all ready to cope with a slow charge, but mine has charged as quickly as any other smartphone I've had in the past. I was actually wondering if the Verizon version had enabled quick charge, to be honest!
I have to believe something is different on the Verizon One. Both myself and my wife have the One and we are charging in under 2.5 hours. last night I charged mine from 30% and it was full in exactly 2 hours. My wife's was at 17% and it went to full in 2.5 hours. This is better than our previous Rezound that seemed to take 2.5 hours from where ever you started charging it from.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Same here; not sure why but charging for me is remarkably fast and overall battery life is fantastic.
I can do a midday bump while at 75% and reach 100% within a half hour. I use an old BB cord in my office and my old DNA charger at home (both work very well).
I'm not even sure what car charger I use, been using it for at least 3 different phones now. Never thought to unwrap the cord that came with considering I already had chargers plugged in where I need them.
I also do not use any power saver programs. Is our circumstance an anomaly or are those experiencing problems dealing with defective batteries?

I have to believe something is different on the Verizon One. Both myself and my wife have the One and we are charging in under 2.5 hours. last night I charged mine from 30% and it was full in exactly 2 hours. My wife's was at 17% and it went to full in 2.5 hours. This is better than our previous Rezound that seemed to take 2.5 hours from where ever you started charging it from.

kanucme

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it might be your cord because I go to sleep after 2am and regardless of juice I have I always wake up with 100%. I often worry about overcharging.

sent from my HTC One

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlatdog2024