Possible? Home key short press: "recent apps"

IcerC

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Any way to have it so when on the home screen "home" button short-press shows recent apps?

I have launcher pro which has the option to have the notification bar hide when on home screen with short-press of the home button for example.

Thanks

Edit: Or short-press home (while on home screen) to goto last app?

Last edited:

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I doubt this is possible, unless it gets put into a custom ROM. It can probably be done with a certain launcher, but I don't know of any that have this.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Any way to have it so when on the home screen "home" button short-press shows recent apps?

I have launcher pro which has the option to have the notification bar hide when on home screen with short-press of the home button for example.

Thanks

Edit: Or short-press home (while on home screen) to goto last app?

Not sure for your phone, but on the "X" you can press and hold the home key and it gives you a pop up menu of the most recent apps used. Should be similar on your phone.

IcerC

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Not sure for your phone, but on the "X" you can press and hold the home key and it gives you a pop up menu of the most recent apps used. Should be similar on your phone.

Yes I just wanted a quicker way than hold and tap. On the home screen a short press of home should bring up the recent used apps. I don't know why Google doesnt do this.

Matias Duarte can't fix this soon enough!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes I just wanted a quicker way than hold and tap. On the home screen a short press of home should bring up the recent used apps. I don't know why Google doesnt do this.

Matias Duarte can't fix this soon enough!

The change needed to do this is probably at the system level and might require a bit of code change to make it happen. Not saying that it's impossible, it just might need some work to do and someone hasn't seen the need to spend time on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vans