Post-Lollipop problems - Facebook, blue light, icons, left handed use

adwarner

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
My apologies if this has been asked before, but has anybody found issues with their S4 since updating to Lollipop which I did a fortnight ago (on the 3 network).

There's three notable problems... Facebook crashes, usually when tapping onto a link, or to read comments/likes. It will freeze for about 2 minutes, then come up with the 'Not responding - Wait/OK' message. If in the meantime I've gone back to homescreen, clicking OK will cause Facebook to shut down very slowly but send the homescreen into a mad frenzy of rotating between screens and going into its 'background' mode as though I had long-tapped an icon to move it or delete it.

Secondly, I have the blue notification light switched off completely (such as when receiving texts, whatsapps etc whilst the screen is locked or off). SInce Lollipop though, the blue light comes on even though the setting is to 'off'. Sounds minor, but the light glows so brightly in the night and will keep my partner awake so I have to put the phone upside down.

Finally, the icons for apps stored on the SD card take ages to form themselves fully after the battery dies (that occurs much quicker too) or after switching off and on again.

I've also found increasingly as a left-hander that when holding the phone in my left hand, the data signal fails and some websites and apps fail, don't respond or freeze. It did this with Kitkat sometimes too, but is getting more frequent. Is this the problem that Apple had once where the antenna is exactly where the left thumb is placed when holding in the left hand?

Thanks everyone!
Adrian

justplainj

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I have a galaxy s4 GT-I9505 i updated to lollipop 5.0 2 days ago and although all my work fine including apps. I have a problem where the phone will shut off and i need to remove then replace the battery before i can start it up again.

I have read many fixes such as clearing cache and reseting to factory settings and nothing works.

I have also read that u can revert back to kitkat. If someone can please help me to do this.

(Pls do not suggest using odin. Because i scaned that program and it is littered with malware and viruses)

Thx for ur help in advance

pauln4

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with the blue light and wish someone would fix it. wasn't like this before update. Obviously something in the update software caused this. Seems it should be fairly simple to fix.