Potential app conflict between Spotify and camera in Moto X pure edition

danesini

May 21, 2016
Visit site
Something very strages happens with my Moto X pure edition. When spotify is installed, at some point of time (usually when turning on my device in the morning or after leaving it turned on all night), my front camera option disapears from my camera app, no matter which one I use (I tried with Motorola Cammera and Open Camera). I've been testing different solutions for months (cleared app cache, cleared cache partition, factory reset) and found out that uninstalling spotify and clearing all Spotify's trace in the device brings my front camera option back. When installing spotify back, at sope point of time the front camera issue comes back.

I tried saving music and pictures both in internal memory and SD card but thar doesn't seems to be the problem. It doesn't seem like a hardware issue. It looks more like an app conflict. ny Ideas on how to solve this problem? Of course I don't want to stop using spotify nor my camera.

Any idea is more than welcome

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Apparently, back in May, 2017, Spotify added a function which lets you scan a special QR-like barcode symbol from Spotify's search bar to take you directly to a specific track or album.

Best guess? Check the Spotify app's permissions to ensure that you are not denying any that are requested by the app. If that doesn't help, reach out to Spotify tech support: android-support@spotify.com

danesini

May 21, 2016
Visit site
Thanks N4Newbie! I checked my spotify app permissions and the camera access was denied (as I never used this functionality, Spotify never asked for permission so I went ahead and enabled it), so I hope your best guess is right. Until now I see no conflicts between these apps and I can still access my front camera. I will check this for a couple of days to see if the problem comes back and I will report again.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12