Potential first time OneNote user

amheck

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, currently using a Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge+ here which is getting about time to be replaced. I had been waiting for the Note 10 and all of the hype was fun, but when the release came out, it was a little anticlimactic, especially considering the prices.

I tend to keep my phone for a number of years, not really a power user and thought I would jump on the 5G version just to be ready for that, but the Note10 5G thing seems to be a little wishy washy with the current chipset (it doesn't support AT&T's band??) so I started looking for something cheaper maybe to get me by for a couple years until the 5G thing is worked out.

And I came across the OneNote and have to say while I've never held one, I'm impressed from all of the reviews. I originally was looking at the Pixel 3 XL for the camera but when looking at videos side by side, I'm not sure I would wan to deal with that huge notch.

Anyway, is really the only place to buy the 7 Pro is direct from OnePlus or from a T-Mobile Store? I think the 7T Pro might be out soon in another month or so, does that mean we might see some potential price reductions on the 7 Pro? Does OnePlus ever sell refurb phones?

Can you use Google Discover on the OneNote? I do enjoy this news feed. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work but just wanted to make sure.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about availability, but Discover works on the phone. As for 5G, I wouldn't make it my purchase priority right now. 5G is a long way from being everywhere, so unless you absolutely need the higher speeds and live in one of the very very very very very (very) few tiny regions inside cities that support 5G, you're really just paying a hefty premium for a feature you probably won't get to use until your next purchase, even if it's not within a year. And on top of things, carriers seem to be adding fees and charging more for actually using 5G, so there's that, too.

Just look at the map and see for yourself. AT&T's map includes their version of 5G which is not 5G for real, just fast 4G.
https://www.cellularmaps.com/5g-coverage.shtml

amheck

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the thoughts. Yeah, I wasn't stuck on the whole 5g thing but knowing that I keep my phones for many years, I just didn't want to buy and then have to upgrade again right away. But not buying a $1100 phone like the Note will make it easier maybe to upgrade in a year or two, I hope, when the 5g thing is worked out.

We did that with TV's - we bought and then few months later they come out with Smart TVs. And then bought are next one and then they came out with 3d. We were always missing the boat, it seemed. So was just trying to not do that here, but I guess that's part of the same when you're talking about electronics.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
As far as 5G goes, LTE is no slouch. The eventual emergence of 5G will not change that. The only real benefits I see from the technology is to shorten our patience even further. That's just me though. The OnePlus/OneNote (I'm assuming autocorrect got you on that one lol) is a fantastic phone that I've been enjoying since it basically came out the first weekend. Currently T-Mobile and OnePlus direct is the best places to get it but I'm sure you could find some deals if you look around.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's what I mean... do you REALLY need the 5G speeds? Is there anything you can't do right now on 4G speeds other than waiting a bit longer for files to upload/download? When most of our mobile lives are streamed, does that matter that much?

There obviously come tech that does take full advantage of 5G, but as of now, unless you're in a very specific user category, you're really just overpaying for something you're not really taking advantage of (like a sports car owner who bought it for driving on suburban roads and can never go above 55 mph).

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Can you use Google Discover on the OneNote? I do enjoy this news feed. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work but just wanted to make sure.

I believe Google Discover is only available on the TMO 1+7 Pro. The unlocked version has 1+ Shelf.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire