Potential New VZW Customers

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I just chatted with a VZW rep who told me the double your data special, where if you purchased for example a 2GB data pakcage it was doubled to 4GB, ended yesterday. While this may not be a deal breaker for some, it pretty much is for me since I was moving over from Sprint. :(

Probably put this in the wrong forum, sorry. I was plannin on purchasing the Galaxy III as my new phone and have been spending way too much time in here probably. :-[

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about going to verizon from sprint . But to get the amount of data I use. It would cost me about $40 more than I'm paying now

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up.. I found a story that Amazon had the Nexus for one cent, but I'm an ATT customer with an available upgrade so I was concerned about the cost of switching to big red. Now with this info, I think I'll stay put and get either the GS3 or the One X. Thanks.

xemtra

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
wow that really sucks. i pre ordered mine on V, coming from sprint, at bestbuy on tuesday... hmmm may have to cancel my pre order.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
That does suck. I was lucky enough that when i got my nexus it was still going on. I rarely use close to 2 gb. I am on wifi 90 percent of the time. But its nice to have that extra 2 gb

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS!!! ;)

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
wow that really sucks. i pre ordered mine on V, coming from sprint, at bestbuy on tuesday... hmmm may have to cancel my pre order.

I asked them about preordering the phone and locking into the double data and they told me I couldn't. They said the only thing I could do is buy a current phone and then pay the $35 upgrade fee when the S3 was released. I declined to do that. If they wanted to wave the upgrade fee I would have but they refused. AT&T will be getting my money now, they are even paying my ETF from Sprint!

It's a shame because I really wanted to go with VZW.