Power buttons (app or widgets) for HC?

aerochrome2

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I just finished installing honeycomb on the SD and rooting and am loving it, but have a few questions.

It seems that even if I turn the screen off, the nook still gets emails, etc. This can't be good for battery life. Has anyone found an app or widgets that let you shut down the nook or put it into a better type of standby?

GrillMouster

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried Honeycomb yet, but on previous versions of Android you can turn off the sync function. There is also an app called Juice Defender that allows you to turn off days at customizable intervals. I don't know if JD will work on Honeycomb.

aerochrome2

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks-- I'll see how it holds up when I'm not connected to the internet. It would be nice that when I use it as an ereader, it gets roughly the same battery life as when it was stock.

GrillMouster

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Also, turn off the WiFi radio when you're not using the nook or when what you're doing doesn't require an internet connection. If gmail and other apps can't access the internet they can't download in the background.

fwdixon

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Setting profiles app will let you toggle wifi (and bunch of other stuff) based on the screen state

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36