Powerbeats 3 failure to pair with Samsung 7

A

AC Question

My brand new PowerBeats 3 will not pair with my brand new Samsung 7. When I activate my bluetooth, the PowerBeats 3 come up on the phone screen as an available device. When I select it, I receive a notification that is pairing, but then an error "Unable to communicate with PowerBeats 3." I have restarted the S7 and reset the Beats, but I still cannot get a successful pairing. I also called the Apple Support Center, and was told because the Beats will connect to my husband's Samsung 5, the issue is with my phone and not the Beats. But I am not sure this is the case. Has anyone experienced this issue and successfully resolved it? Any help would be very much appreciated!

nayiag

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I have the exact same problem with Samsung Galaxy A3. Powerbeats3 pair with my other - much older - phone but not with my A3. I'm sure it must be a setting that needs adjusting. Hope someone knows a workaround.

Shana Rivera

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello,
I don't know if you have fixed this issue or not but I was having the same problem. I just got it fixed. I turned off both devices phone and powerbeats. Then I turned off other devices in the room, macbook pro, son's school computer and my phone. I powered back on my son's phone and started from scratch with bluetooth settings. once I was in the bluetooth mode, I held down the power button on my powerbeats for 4 seconds until it was flashing then I hit scan on my phone. The powerbeats showed up as a connectable device and once I hit it, it paired perfectly. Hope this helps. :)

Cesar Ayala

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
Hi. Don't know if you fixed it but i was having the same problem when i recieved my pair of powerbeats 3 in the mail yesterday. I have a galaxy s6 and what i did was go to my phone settings>applications>applications manager>more>show system apps>bluetooth share>storage>clear cache. Just follow that step by step and mines paired with no problem after

Jason Slater

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Thank you Tomsguide.com for this info...
The last suggestion to reset the bluetooth cache during boot loading of my galaxy s7 allowed me to get past the error can't communicate with Powerbeats3...apparently a known issue with the s7.

When the Samsung Galaxy S7 was first released Bluetooth connectivity was something of an issue. Users complained of not being able to connect, of losing connectivity once they had it and not being able to control a paired device. A firmware update sorted most of the issues, but some users still have occasional problems. If you’re one of them and want to know how to resolve Bluetooth connectivity issues on the Galaxy S7, read on.

For the purposes of this tutorial, we will assume that you have downloaded all the latest updates for the Galaxy S7, have tried pairing the devices already, rebooted or restarted the devices and that you have followed the pairing instructions already.

Resolving Bluetooth connectivity issues on the Galaxy S7
There are a few basic things you can do to troubleshoot Bluetooth.

• Turn off Wi-Fi and retest using Bluetooth.
• Navigate to Settings then Bluetooth and delete all pairings and retest.
• Disable or remove apps that utilize Bluetooth and retest.

There is a known issue with apps interrupting Bluetooth operation so disabling them should remedy the issue. Otherwise, Samsung suggest wiping the caches which seems to fix a lot of issues with the Galaxy S7.

Clearing the Bluetooth cache
1. Navigate to Settings and then the Application Manager.
2. Swipe left and select Bluetooth.
3. Select Clear cache and then Clear data.
4. Reboot the handset once complete

This operation flushes the Bluetooth cache which has proven an effective method for many users. If that doesn’t work, wiping the cache partition is the last resort.

1. Power off the phone.
2. Press and hold volume up, home and power buttons until the S7 logo appears.
3. Select Wipe cache partition from the recovery menu using the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to select.
4. Let the operation complete and reboot the phone

That final step usually fixes even the most stubborn Bluetooth connectivity issues on the Galaxy S7. Hope it works for you too!

lisasmithsnyder

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for this. My phone could not even see the headphones until I followed your final suggestion.
Your instructions at least allowed my S7 to SEE the Beats. After a couple of reboots, it then allowed them to pair.

BET999

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I have the exact same problem with Samsung Galaxy A3. Powerbeats3 pair with my other - much older - phone but not with my A3. I'm sure it must be a setting that needs adjusting. Hope someone knows a workaround.

Same problem with my Galaxy A3 2016. Did someone find how to fix it ? I've tried all the Jason Slater's solutions but i still can't fix the problem.

Lynn I

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
I received a pair of Beats Solo 3 wireless headphones for Christmas and was having the same issue with my Samsung 7 Edge until I reached this forum. Thanks so much for sharing.
I'm not sure if this had an impact but first I went to Settings>More>Turn off nearby device scanning.

Then went to
Settings>Applications>Application Manager>More>Show system apps>Bluetooth share>Force stop.

Turned off phone and Beats. Turned them both back on at the same time. Went to Bluetooth. It was in the list. Clicked on it and this time......SUCCESS!! Hope this helped.

Mark Carrigan

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
Possibly a third party app is interfering with your Bluetooth connection. A sure way to tell if this is the case, start your phone in safe mode.

1. Shut your phone off.

2. Hold power button until first samsung logo appears. Now let go of power button, and press the volume down button. Hold volume down until completely booted up.

3. Unlock screen if you have a screen lock. "Safe Mode" present at bottom corner.

DO NOT MESS WITH ANY SETTINGS, OR APPS. The only purpose here in safe mode this time is to test your bluetooth connection with the device. If it now pairs with your Powerbeats3, you have an App that is blocking your connection.

Once paired with Powerbeats, reboot your phone. This will get you out of Safe Mode.

When I rebooted, the device paired without anymore problems.
Cheers

JeanRobles

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
i have a Powerbeats3 also, but when pair it with my Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime (SM-G610F/SD) it says "Unable to Communicate with Powerbeats3". this is not normal!!!!! HEEELP!!!!! i have update my smartphone to 6.0.1 & my powerbeats are also updated.

Screenshot_20170616-172629.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170616-172629.jpg
    Screenshot_20170616-172629.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1

Abner bernard

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
Hi. Don't know if you fixed it but i was having the same problem when i recieved my pair of powerbeats 3 in the mail yesterday. I have a galaxy s6 and what i did was go to my phone settings>applications>applications manager>more>show system apps>bluetooth share>storage>clear cache. Just follow that step by step and mines paired with no problem after

Omg thank you this was so helpful when I got the message saying cant' t communicate I was so devastated. I googled the phrase and found your steps and followed them and it worked. Just the last step was wrong I had the clear data and cache for it to work. Once again thank your a life and powerbeats saver

Mysterielle

Aug 30, 2017
Visit site
I'm having a Samsung S7 edge and powerbeats 3. Initially the connection was ok, but since last week, i can connect the headphones to the phone but could not play any audio from any kind of media. Phone call is fine. I had tested the headphone with other devices, as well as other powerbeats 3 with the phone, all are ok except for my own powerbeats and sumsang phone... any advice?

Tasha ONeil

Sep 27, 2017
Visit site

Your way works! I've been trying for 2 weeks now. Went thru the settings as u suggested. AKUNA MATATA! Thanks Cesar Ayala!

gryphon0227

Oct 14, 2017
Visit site
This saved me from a trip to the Verizon store! Thanks!

Thank you Tomsguide.com for this info...
The last suggestion to reset the bluetooth cache during boot loading of my galaxy s7 allowed me to get past the error can't communicate with Powerbeats3...apparently a known issue with the s7.

When the Samsung Galaxy S7 was first released Bluetooth connectivity was something of an issue. Users complained of not being able to connect, of losing connectivity once they had it and not being able to control a paired device. A firmware update sorted most of the issues, but some users still have occasional problems. If you’re one of them and want to know how to resolve Bluetooth connectivity issues on the Galaxy S7, read on.

For the purposes of this tutorial, we will assume that you have downloaded all the latest updates for the Galaxy S7, have tried pairing the devices already, rebooted or restarted the devices and that you have followed the pairing instructions already.

Resolving Bluetooth connectivity issues on the Galaxy S7
There are a few basic things you can do to troubleshoot Bluetooth.

• Turn off Wi-Fi and retest using Bluetooth.
• Navigate to Settings then Bluetooth and delete all pairings and retest.
• Disable or remove apps that utilize Bluetooth and retest.

There is a known issue with apps interrupting Bluetooth operation so disabling them should remedy the issue. Otherwise, Samsung suggest wiping the caches which seems to fix a lot of issues with the Galaxy S7.

Clearing the Bluetooth cache
1. Navigate to Settings and then the Application Manager.
2. Swipe left and select Bluetooth.
3. Select Clear cache and then Clear data.
4. Reboot the handset once complete

This operation flushes the Bluetooth cache which has proven an effective method for many users. If that doesn’t work, wiping the cache partition is the last resort.

1. Power off the phone.
2. Press and hold volume up, home and power buttons until the S7 logo appears.
3. Select Wipe cache partition from the recovery menu using the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to select.
4. Let the operation complete and reboot the phone

That final step usually fixes even the most stubborn Bluetooth connectivity issues on the Galaxy S7. Hope it works for you too!

powerman123

Oct 18, 2017
Visit site
Are powerbeats3 and Android compatible?

If your worried that Android and Powerbeats3 aren't compatible, worry no longer. They are compatible even though powerbeats are an apple based product. S7 Samsung and the S7 active do have some bluetooth issues so make sure to follow the reset advice of all wireless and/or bluetooth devices if necessary as well.
When pairing powerbeats specifically for the first time with another device you must make the headset discoverable. To do this, hold down the power button for 4 seconds until you see the power light pulse. This has allowed it to be discovered by other new devices. Make sure to turn off all other bluetooth devices that are in the area. You should then have your pairing device scan for devices to pair with. After that it's pretty simple.
The result I had after figuring this out was that I could pair powerbeats3 to my laptop, gear S2, and my S7 active (not all at once) with little difficulty.

All the best!

Andrijana Dodenc

Oct 24, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem but I was just connected to this phone a few hrs ago and have not connected to another phone nor even am I home to connect to another phone, I hate to say it but once apple takes over the product is dead now is the time for a beats competitor

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey