Powermat for EVO = Joke

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
My wife and I both picked up the receiver doors for our EVOs as we already had the mat. We put them on and mine worked and hers didn't. It would make the sound like it connected, but the battery would not charge. I tested her door on my phone just to make sure it wasn't her phone and sure enough I had the same results. We returned hers for a new one which lasted about 3 days before having the same exact issue. I did some research online and read that there is a 50/50 chance the door you get for the EVO will be defective. This is absurd!

To add insult to injury it has actually made my battery life worse. Before using it I could go from 8:00AM to around 11:00PM before my battery would signal me it was low and after a few weeks of using it I am lucky if I get to the end of my work day before the battery is completely dead. I am using the phone the same as I did prior to getting the Powermat door so it is not that. I have also noticed that I will put it on the charger before bed and it is charging fine, but midway through the night it will stop charging and when I wake up my batter is already half dead. I am pretty disappointed as this looked like a really cool thing to have for a phone. The concept is great, but the end result is very flawed.

skyfox99

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a power mat, have had it for over three months. Never had a single gripe with it other than it doesn't hit above 650 mA while charging on average and had to mod my Trident Cyclops case to fit the nub.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63