Preordered S3 @ Best Buy but need new phone today.

my3chis

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Last week I went into Best Buy and preordered my new S3. Yesterday my TBolt died. My line is ready for an upgrade. Can I go back to BB and upgrade to, say the Incredible2 and then when my S3 comes in, return the Inc. and get my S3 (thus also locking in my unlimited data)?

pho_dog

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I have been using a pixi plus for 18 months and love the little guy but am going to get either S3 or Maxx to lock in unlimited. Itls really been a great little phone for $30. Love the included 5GB hotspot from vzw. Actually picked up another to use for pandora, music, podcasts. They will be great backup phones.

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I have been using a pixi plus for 18 months and love the little guy but am going to get either S3 or Maxx to lock in unlimited. Itls really been a great little phone for $30. Love the included 5GB hotspot from vzw. Actually picked up another to use for pandora, music, podcasts. They will be great backup phones.

Same here. I picked up a Pixi about a year ago while I waited for something I really wanted to come out since I still had a Windows Mobile phone that just stunk. If it weren't for the data plan issue, I probably would just keep on trucking with the Pixi. It has good enough web, email, basic apps like Pandora and Slacker. I also like the Touchstone charging. It will be a real shock going from a tiny phone to one of the biggest.

NightxFall

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Just a warning, preordering from Best Buy may not guaruntee you unlimited data because your only reserving the phone and not locking into a 2 year contract.

Sent from my Ally using Android Central Forums

my3chis

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Just a warning, preordering from Best Buy may not guaruntee you unlimited data because your only reserving the phone and not locking into a 2 year contract.

Sent from my Ally using Android Central Forums

This is what I am wondering. If I purchase a different one before the 28th deadline and then return it for my S3. Would this lock me in or not?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Go to the verizon corporate store and ask to see if they have any cpo smartphones, should be cheaper than full retail, and if you don't like it, return within 14 days. I wouldn't mess with the S3 order and risk losing unlimited data. Then again, I wouldn't buy from best buy and risk losing unlimited data in the first place. To me, any savings is negligible compared to losing unlimited data. But then again, I prefer to err on the side of caution.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I activated the Pixi tonight, and just FYI, if you have double data you will lose it because the Pixi is not a 4G device. However, for me, it doesn't matter because we are changing to the shared data plans; it works out better for us with 3 lines and a 20% discount.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I activated the Pixi tonight, and just FYI, if you have double data you will lose it because the Pixi is not a 4G device. However, for me, it doesn't matter because we are changing to the shared data plans; it works out better for us with 3 lines and a 20% discount.

You lose double data, but instead of $30 for 4gb, you get 7gb for $30, 5gb of which is mhs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals42