::Prepares Flame-******ant suit:: STUPID STUPID NEWB QUESTION ::palm to face::

L_Boogie820

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Ever since getting my Fascinate, I have been waiting for 2.2 just like everyone else.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/57517-leaked-dl30-froyo-build-available-now-includes-full-instructions-updated-2-5-a.html

^^^incredible directions and right to the point. I am very literate and have a college education. lol. But for the life of me...How do I get ODIN? :-[:-[. I googled "odin download" and I got this program called ODIN and as stupid as it sounds, didn't mention anything about Android so I dl'd it anyway...I want to root and upgrade it to 2.2 I just need help with the beginning steps. Thanks guys.

::gives a few beers out for the help::

L_Boogie820

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
That's what we're here for, right? :)

thank you all....I havent done it yet because I havent had a chance but a couple questions popped up in my head...

1: Is there a way to remove all Verizon bloatware from this 2.2 build???

2: Is there a kernel I could flash for this? A friend of mine has the incredible which he rooted and flashed a kernel using Sprints radio. His wifi signal is a heck of alot stronger and his signal isn't jumpy.

3: Which leads to my next one...and last one hopefully. lol. More beer guys? ahaha. Is Skins only an HTC thing? Or is that obtainable on the Fascinate?

L_Boogie820

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Problem: I get to step 19, hit the HOME button then it gives me the Android thing with a triangle and exclamation point....what did I do wrong?

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
There are a few ROMs out, and Super Clean comes with a slightly modified kernel, but not much else is available other than themes. It's still early I. The development, so just give it a little time

Reactions: L_Boogie820

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Martin_Markov