Pro Shot photos are rotated

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I've seen that the Pro Shot developer reads this forum. There is a bug in Pro Shot, pictures are rotated i.e. landscapes display as portrait instead of landscape.

ProShot_20160129_084550.jpg

RiseUpGames

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I'm the dev. Nice cat :) Can you please tell me which device you are using? Do the images appear rotated properly within ProShot? What about the Photos app?

Under the hood Android's image rotation is a mess, and different devices have different ways of reading and handling it. I've done my best in ProShot to compensate for it, but I'm planning on going back into that part of my code to see if there's any improvements to be made.

RiseUpGames

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the Nexus 6P. The photos are rotated in the app, in Google Photos and on the desktop

Thank you for the additional info. Very strange, I haven't heard that from other 6P users, and I'm not getting that on my 5X (same camera hardware). Are you running a custom ROM, or have rotation lock enabled?

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Standard ROM, not rooted. I have 4 camera apps installed, this only happens in Pro Shot. Display rotation is enabled, is there any other rotation switch?

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
It worked correctly this morning, I don't know what changed. One thing that I noticed was that when it was taking the rotated shots the controls and shutter button were on the left side of the screen, now they are the right side.

Looking at the recent updates there was a Photos update, is there a common library that might have been updated when Photos was updated?

RiseUpGames

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
It worked correctly this morning, I don't know what changed. One thing that I noticed was that when it was taking the rotated shots the controls and shutter button were on the left side of the screen, now they are the right side.

Looking at the recent updates there was a Photos update, is there a common library that might have been updated when Photos was updated?

That's weird, the controls are never supposed to be on the left (I planned on adding that in the future for left-handed users. It's actually a lot of work because of the camera roll :/). I'm not sure if the Photos update helped anything, but glad it's working now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laivas