Problem having pics go straight to sd card

S

Sozo in 2000

Hello, I am having issues having my pictures taken with the standard camera program on my Galaxy S4 being saved on my sd card. I went through the steps to designate the sd card as the storage place when taking pictures but when I take a pic I get an error message saying "unable to save file to sd card. Default storage changed to device storage" I know the card works because I used it when switching from one S4 to another one. I just recently erased everything off of it since I had all my pics backed up on pc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello. It could be worth saving anything on the card, going to General - Storage to unmount it, removing and re-seating it, then format it in Storage settings (wipes info) and try again. That's if by erased you mean you only deleted from the card.

Sozo in 2000

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello. It could be worth saving anything on the card, going to General - Storage to unmount it, removing and re-seating it, then format it in Storage settings (wipes info) and try again. That's if by erased you mean you only deleted from the card.

Thank you. I just did all of this and it is still giving me the same error. I am at a loss.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. I just did all of this and it is still giving me the same error. I am at a loss.
Welcome to Android Central!
What make and class of card is it. I had a Kingston Class 4 for a year plus in my GS2 and then Note 3 (I genuinely thought I had put a Samsung Class 10 in). It started giving "unexpectedly removed" and "Preparing SD card" notifications and draining the battery. I removed it and now the phone is fine and I didn't lose data. They can go after a period. Samsung and Sandisk are the recommended brands.

There may be another reason for your issue though that someone can advise on.