Problem with incoming calls

DominionRoofs

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
I use my phone for my company and when someone calls, the phone automatically pics up without my touching anything. I've had several people tell my they heard me talking or rustling around because I simply don't hear it before in answers the call!. I turned off all motion controls but I can't have this happen. Anyone know what's going on?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi! Hmm, that is a very strange and frustrating issue, I'm sorry! My suggestion to you is to do a test: have someone call you again and see what happens now that you have your settings updated. I think I saw something in settings about automatic answer or something along those lines - is that what you disabled? As a last resort, I'd try a factory reset (make sure everything is saved beforehand!). Please keep us updated on what's happening!

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
There is also a pocket touch protection option to stop accidental touches being registered, which is probably happening when the phone rings.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I would normally supply screenshots detailing where to find the option, but the settings menu has had a major overhaul on the EMUI 5 beta so I am unable to at the moment.

DominionRoofs

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
Solved! Read a post from another board. There are two motion controls for "raise to ear to answer" one in motion controls and one under >advanced >accessibility.
This one must be a Google feature? I think it uses the proximity sensor exclusively while the honor software uses both proximity and accelerometer. This setting does not work correctly! I'd have it in my pocket or just lying on a table and it would pick up on the first ring.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Solved! Read a post from another board. There are two motion controls for "raise to ear to answer" one in motion controls and one under >advanced >accessibility.
This one must be a Google feature? I think it uses the proximity sensor exclusively while the honor software uses both proximity and accelerometer. This setting does not work correctly! I'd have it in my pocket or just lying on a table and it would pick up on the first ring.

So glad you got everything sorted out!! :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayeff