Problems Casting from Google Photos to Chromecast with Google TV

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Google's chat support has been useless in my efforts to diagnose and resolve this issue. When attempting to stream videos from Google Photos or from my PC, the videos buffer, freeze and, oftentimes, the connection is terminated to the Chromecast. The freezing and disconnects occur when browsing through photos from Google Photos.

This doesn't happen if I cast it to the Google Hub, though. And anything else I cast works flawlessly on the Chromecast with Google TV.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any suggestions on possible solutions.

The Google WiFi router is in the same room, so it isn't a distance/signal issue.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What generation Chromecast do you have?

EDIT: Never mind, I realized that you're talking about the Chromecast with Google TV device.:)

Is the Chromecast device fully updated? Have you already tried doing a factory reset of the Chromecast?

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Fully updated. Factory reset more than once. It seems that setting it to 4k smpte provides for better streaming from Google Photos but now it looks like it's capping video quality across the board to 1080p. I'll have to keep messing around to see if there's a magic middle ground setting for it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, I just tried streaming a video I took to my Chromecast with Google TV, and the video image streamed fine, but there was no audio.:confused:

Probably best to send feedback to Google about this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12