Problems watching on TV via 5pin MHL - Galaxy tab s2

Nreid85

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I purchased an 11pin MHL adaptor yesterday then found out when I got home and trying I need a 5pin. I exchanged it but am still having the same problem. It was more for my bedroom TV which is a slightly older samsung HD tv. There is no picture coming up on screen. Am I wrong in thinking it should appear soon as it's connected or do I need to adjust the tablets settings? It isn't working with my sony smart 4k tv either. I'm unsure if I'm doing something wrong. It's a 5pin I'm using with the power running into it. Tried it without the power too but same thing. Thanks

Nreid85

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
Hi, my hd tv has 3 hdmi ports, I used the tablet with all 3 (changing the port on the TV too but no luck). It wasn't my smart tv I wanted it for :( that already has everything I wanted to watch on it already, it was for my bedroom TV. I find it odd that theres no response. What should the usual set up be - I selected HDMI 1/2/3, connected the MHL to the HDMI, the charger to MHL then the tablet into MHL. Is that all I need to do? There must be some other reason why it's not displaying perhaps in my TV's or tablet's settings. I tried my galaxy s6 with it too and had same result. It's the 1st time I've tried so I'm probably doing something wrong

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
This is a very simple connection, connect your tablet to HDMI port on your TV, change the source of TV input to that HDMI port.
That's all you need. If there is no signal, try to buy a good adapter. This is a connection to a monitor, there is no reason it doesn't work with TV, unless you have a defective MHL adapter or not compatible tablet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPDrEZ6IRsA

I bought a cheap one, it works with two different tablets, but not working with an older model.
Also, not all Samsung devices support MHL, check if your devices are compatible You should be specific of what model you are having like SM-T713 or so on.
MHL® – Devices

Last edited: