Problems with Huawei U8160

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have done some searching and can find information on how to install CWM and a port of CM7 but have not found anything as of yet on returning it to factory stock.

zodac

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, I was trying to follow a different guide to install CWM... but kept running into trouble with things not working as the guide said they should.

I think it's related to the fact that when I installed CWM, my model wasn't there, so I chose the closest one instead.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Generally, we copy the xxxxx.zip to the root of the sd.

Then, power off.
(Some devices require some sort of software app like Odin or Kies, ex samsung)
So I don't know your device, so I'll give you the most common method.
Boot the device to the recovery menu (usually by holding vol+ and pressing power, release both after a couple seconds or so) Note that some devices use a three button combo.
This should boot to Recovery menu.
Select Wipe Cache (you can also wipe user data, but it really doesn't matter)
Goto Advanced, Wipe Delvik cache
Go back to the main menu, select Restore/ Install zip from sd (not update from sd)
Select your zipped rom
Now the link I posted claims to be stock roms for your device, I would suspect 1 contains bloatware, the other has it stripped out. Regardless, they are for your device so they claim.

Rule #1 in flashing, is to know your device inside out. Have a plan in place in case things go wrong.
Rule #2, NEVER flash anything that is not device model specific. If the recovery states it's for a Desire Z, do not flash it in a Desire S for example. This holds true for Roms also.
Rule #3, when flashing to a different brand Rom, always wipe your cache and Delvik cache.

Probably the most important, is to make your recovery backups before you ever start.

Also, post your issue at xda developers in your device forum. They have tons more involved in hacks and roms, and they may have more info specific to your device.

Last edited:

zodac

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Generally, we copy the xxxxx.zip to the root of the sd.

Then, power off.
(Some devices require some sort of software app like Odin or Kies, ex samsung)
So I don't know your device, so I'll give you the most common method.
Boot the device to the recovery menu (usually by holding vol+ and pressing power, release both after a couple seconds or so) Note that some devices use a three button combo.
This should boot to Recovery menu.

This is an issue I've had from trying to follow the other guides; I can't seem to get there. I've tried Power+VolUp (while I believe is the one for my model), and also tried Power+VolDown just to be sure.

I get to the hourglass screen (initial loading screen for my phone), then nothing else happens.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
This is an issue I've had from trying to follow the other guides; I can't seem to get there. I've tried Power+VolUp (while I believe is the one for my model), and also tried Power+VolDown just to be sure.

I get to the hourglass screen (initial loading screen for my phone), then nothing else happens.

It may be the result of flashing that different version recovery. You really should post your issue at xda developers in your device forum, development section. These people are into hacks and roms, so they may have a method to un-brick your device.

zodac

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
It may be the result of flashing that different version recovery. You really should post your issue at xda developers in your device forum, development section. These people are into hacks and roms, so they may have a method to un-brick your device.

I don't see a forum for my device, and the only general one I see specifically says "no noobs". :p Am I missing something?

Yup, tried that one too.