Profile tracker green icon keeps coming up. Spyware or something?

RJeezy

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Profile tracker green icon keeps coming up. Spyware or something?Note 4

I have this green square that looks like the hangouts notification that keeps popping up in the notification bar. When I swipe down it says profile tracker. find out who viewed your profile on instagram. I WANT IT GONE AND TO NEVER COME BACK!! Cant seem to figure out how to get rid of it...

Note 4.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Profile tracker green icon keeps coming up. Spyware or something?Note 4

Welcome to Android Central! Can you show us a screenshot? http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html.

Do you actually have Instagram installed? Have you checked all of its settings?

You can find out which app is responsible by swiping down the notification panel, long-pressing the notification, then tapping App Info.

*book

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue and like the OP is saying, it's a complete mystery. It's called Profile Tracker from RC Social and it appears to be an actual an app in the Play Store, but I did NOT download it. Full disclosure: I started getting these notifications after I had downloaded Bitmoji. I assumed the notifications were related to Bitmoji, but I uninstalled it about a week ago and I got one just today (so, I guess they're not related...) When I tapped the notification, it took me to Instagram, which I use every day. I have checked my Settings a few times, but just can't figure out what's going on.

Attachments

• 2016-01-25 03.43.11.jpg
    2016-01-25 03.43.11.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 2016-01-25 03.43.44.jpg
    2016-01-25 03.43.44.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue and like the OP is saying, it's a complete mystery. It's called Profile Tracker from RC Social and it appears to be an actual an app in the Play Store, but I did NOT download it. Full disclosure: I started getting these notifications after I had downloaded Bitmoji. Now, I'm not sure if the notifications are related to Bitmoji, but I uninstalled it at least a week ago. I got one just today and when I tapped it, it takes me to Instagram. I do use Instagram and have checked my Settings a few times, trying to figure it out to no avail.

Just out of curiosity, are you using a launcher or something? My notification bar and icons look noting like yours and my phone is at&t

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does Profile Tracker appear in your Settings>Apps list?

Also, what's that "Mobile Security & Antivirus Free Version" that's showing there? Is that installed, and which company is that from? I'm always suspicious of free security apps from companies that aren't well-known in the security field, because so many of them are of questionable integrity, and may be associated themselves with adware or worse.

*book

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Does Profile Tracker appear in your Settings>Apps list?

Also, what's that "Mobile Security & Antivirus Free Version" that's showing there? Is that installed, and which company is that from? I'm always suspicious of free security apps from companies that aren't well-known in the security field, because so many of them are of questionable integrity, and may be associated themselves with adware or worse.

No, Profile Tracker is not in my Apps list. Could it show up there even though I have never downloaded it? I have the free version of ESET/NOD 32 on my phone. I know most people will say that an antivirus is not really necessary, but I prefer having it on my devices. I'm still trying to try to figure out where the Profile Tracker is coming from, but I can't figure it out. I'm not typically the kind of person who downloads tons of apps and Bitmoji was the most recent thing I had downloaded (at least, I'm pretty sure...I'll double-check that), so that's why I assumed it was Bitmoji causing the Profile Tracker app to show notifications. I got the most recent notification from the app about a week or so after I uninstalled Bitmoji. I have a fairly new (to me) photo app I'm using that has access to Instagram; it's called Photo Studio Pro. I'll do some research on it. Thanks so much for your help. I appreciate it.

UPDATE: About 15 minutes after posting, I got a Profile Tracker notification. I long-pressed, as you suggested and the app "No Crop" appeared. I used it 5 weeks ago to post something on Instagram, and that's about when I started getting the notifications. I have now uninstalled No Crop and hopefully, that'll solve my problem. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter