Project FI unable to provide E911 Service

bulgin

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
Just purchased a project Fi membership. Great.

Their system is unable to accept my home address for 911, which is very unusual as mail arrives here and I do know how to enter my address

This is unfortunate as it will only accept my former address 90+ plus miles away.

They clearly need to do some homework.

What is more unusual is after spending hours - literally hours - on the phone with two different technical "experts" they ask me to contact the post office and have the post office correct the problem.

Excuse me, but the post office is not providing the service.

Shameful. Utterly shameful.

TrackFan

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
"Location is an important concept in the manner of how the Enhanced 9-1-1 system works. Location determination depends upon the Automatic Location Information (ALI) database which is maintained on behalf of local governments by contracted private third parties generally the Incumbent Local Exchange Carrier (ILEC). Often, the contracted 3rd party further subcontracts the actual ALI database management to companies such as Intrado, Bandwidth and TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. The ALI database also feeds the Master Street Address Guide database which is used to route the call to the appropriate PSAP and when the call arrives, the ALI database is queried to determine the location of the caller."

Seems like your current address is not in the location database, probably would be the same result with any cellular carrier. Good luck navigating the bureaucracy to get it fixed.