Proud New Papa

djhayes1977

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Just picked me up one of these bad boys to go with my S7 Edge. Grabbed the LTE version from T-Mobile. Looks stellar, fits great on my wrist and really really digging the rotating bezel and ease of use. I think Samsung has a real winner here. I also like the big watch look, feels and looks manly and masculine. Besides the app store, where can I get some awesome watch faces??

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Just picked me up one of these bad boys to go with my S7 Edge. Grabbed the LTE version from T-Mobile. Looks stellar, fits great on my wrist and really really digging the rotating bezel and ease of use. I think Samsung has a real winner here. I also like the big watch look, feels and looks manly and masculine. Besides the app store, where can I get some awesome watch faces??
I'm pretty sure you have to get them through the app store. Where else would we get them from? I'm just curious.

djhayes1977

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I know sometimes people have used watch maker which I think allows you to make a custom face but outside of that I assumed it was just the galaxy App Store. I watched a few tips and tricks videos which were really helpful

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

Grats! I'm still trying to find the perfect face.

Seeker336

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Also new Frontier owner/wearer. Got tired of waiting when I received the second "Backordered" notice from Samsung. Went to my local AT&T store and did the deal. Perfectly pleased.

I, too, am still searching for the perfect watchface. The "gsimple 12hr" (stock) is close, but I would rather have 24-hr watch than 12-hr and would like to get rid of steps/kcal, replacing with current temp. Can't seem to find something that gives the following: 24 hr, day/date, bpm, current temp, btty power level. Most that come close tend to display a lot of s health numbers at expense of temp. Another that comes close is the "Gear Dashboard" (stock) but it does not give me the option for day/date.

If anyone has suggestions, I'm "all ears."

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Also new Frontier owner/wearer. Got tired of waiting when I received the second "Backordered" notice from Samsung. Went to my local AT&T store and did the deal. Perfectly pleased.

I, too, am still searching for the perfect watchface. The "gsimple 12hr" (stock) is close, but I would rather have 24-hr watch than 12-hr and would like to get rid of steps/kcal, replacing with current temp. Can't seem to find something that gives the following: 24 hr, day/date, bpm, current temp, btty power level. Most that come close tend to display a lot of s health numbers at expense of temp. Another that comes close is the "Gear Dashboard" (stock) but it does not give me the option for day/date.

If anyone has suggestions, I'm "all ears."

Same problem here! All I want is digital date, day, 12 hr time, weather and location. Simple right? Lol

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Alot of the stock watchfaces are neat, and they don't burn up the battery as much as the aftermarket ones. Facer is a good app to download watch faces from.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Alot of the stock watchfaces are neat, and they don't burn up the battery as much as the aftermarket ones. Facer is a good app to download watch faces from.

True, The stock ones aren't bad they just aren't perfect (for me). Facer has lots of nice faces, but they aren't real optimized so can burn one and watch battery really fast.

They just had an update yesterday so I'm trying it out again to see if it's a little better now.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yep, tons of crap to choose from. Literally crap. It blows my mind that I can't find one I really like out of all the hundreds or thousands available.

Why they gotta be crap just because you don't like 'em??? If you don't like what's available, make your own. Please remember the people who design what's out there do it on their time using their effort. Please don't belittle their efforts by calling their work crap. Besides, Regnar would not approve. LOL

Last edited:

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Why they gotta be crap just because you don't like 'em??? If you don't like what's available, make your own. Please remember the people who design what's out there do it on their time using their effort. Please don't belittle their efforts by calling their work crap. Besides, Regnar would not approve. LOL

Lol true true.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

Congratulations on your purchase! :D

Definitely agree, i really love the look and feel of the Gear S3. Since this is their 3rd attempt, they have had a to of time to iron out some of the 'issues' that were there at the beginning and are able to add new features which is really cool. Well worth the cash in my opinion. You can obviously get much cheaper ones but its just not the same haha.

With regards to watch faces, i think you can only get new ones through the App store?? There are quite a lot. Im sure there is one you will love :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar