Pulse Windows Data Suite is Crap

pbrennan42

Dec 17, 2009
www.philipbrennan.net
It just does not work and there is nothing I can do to get it to work.

What I *think* is broken is the bit to choose a folder to back up to. It just doesn't want to do anything other than give you an empty list. If I cannot select a folder to back up to, I cannot run a backup or sync...

So, is there a third party Windows Data Suite that I can get and install (preferably open source) that can do all the backup and syncing stuff for any Android device?

Thanks again for all your help.

Phil.

pbrennan42

Dec 17, 2009
www.philipbrennan.net
I am installing it as we speak and I shall give it a whirl. I can hopefully dump all that crap I have installed for my PSP and my Creative Zen Video Plus as well ans slim me right down...

And my Symbian Nokia 9300i as well...

Phil.

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I am installing it as we speak and I shall give it a whirl. I can hopefully dump all that crap I have installed for my PSP and my Creative Zen Video Plus as well ans slim me right down...

And my Symbian Nokia 9300i as well...

Phil.

LOL I hear ya. I went through my system and had a ton of stuff leftover from my old phones and crap. I'm insane about getting phones, I've burned through the Blackberry Curve, Pearl, Tour, iPhone 3GS, Nokia E71, HTC Touch Diamond, Helio Ocean, Palm Pre, Palm Centro.

Ugh, I'm sure I'm missing some...

pbrennan42

Dec 17, 2009
www.philipbrennan.net
It is basically a data syncing suite to back stuff up with but for now I can manage with a flashed recovery utility like RA-pulse-v1.5.2 that saves all my data inc sms, bought/downloaded programs, etc to a file on my SD card...

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Perfect. Another quick and dirty solution (for the apps)
from a terminal client on the phone -

Code:
mkdir /sdcard/backups
cp /data/app/*.* /sdcard/backups/
cp /data/app-private/*.* /sdcard/backups/

Root not necessary, but busybox is.

3rd party solution - Astro file manager, but can't back up protected apps.

For a complete system backup that's openable and readable by humans -

Code:
mkdir /sdcard/sysbackup
su
cp /* /sdcard/sysbackup
reboot

Needs root and busybox, but puts the complete system tree in the sdcard/sysbackup folder

None are an easy solution, but you'll have complete backups until T-Mo/Huawei fixes the current product.

pbrennan42

Dec 17, 2009
www.philipbrennan.net
Nice solution, for a Linux / Unix / Mac OSX user... :p

I have a fancy-pants recovery utility that does back-ups to SD in its own neat little folder, which reminds me, time I did one...

Now how do I get into all my apps with GDE again?

Phil.

pbrennan42

Dec 17, 2009
www.philipbrennan.net
It appears that the Pulse sync app is supposed to work with MS Outlook. I am using Open Office and even though I have a legal copy of MS Office I am loathed to put that junk on my PC, even if for Outlook alone.

Phil.