Purchased my first foldable today!

mib1800

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't see any social media apps in that list, probably why I only get 4.5 hours of SOT max.

If you talking about Facebook or ig, I don't use those apps. I use the browser for those. Browser, YT, reddit (boost), tik tok, Whatsapp, shopping apps are some of the main apps I used.

mib1800

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I dont care about winning a battery endurance test.

For me all I care about is if I take the phone off the charger in the morning will it last until bedtime without needing a top up?
And this applies to a normal usage scenario not gaming for 3 hours straight or leaving the screen on all day watching videos, etc.....

Yep. This is all I care about too. 1 day battery is all we need. Anything above does not add much benefits.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure social media is killing this thing's battery. I removed the Facebook app. Let's see if that helps.

I get pretty battery life. Generally charge at night. First thing I did was uninstall Facebook. Great having an unlocked phone. Jumped off social media over 18 months ago. Could not stand the hate and the stupid political posts.

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I get pretty battery life. Generally charge at night. First thing I did was uninstall Facebook. Great having an unlocked phone. Jumped off social media over 18 months ago. Could not stand the hate a d the stupid posts political posts.
You were always able to disable Facebook app and even if it was there didn't mean you had to log in to Facebook. The political stuff is gone, that's just too be expected every election. I do agree though Facebook is a problem, everyone thinks their opinion is all that matters. We would be better world without social media.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
You were always able to disable Facebook app and even if it was there didn't mean you had to log in to Facebook. The political stuff is gone, that's just too be expected every election. I do agree though Facebook is a problem, everyone thinks their opinion is all that matters. We would be better world without social media.

I disagree the political stuff is gone. My wife is on FB and I have seen her feed. I tried many times to use the FB filters they worked at first then they stopped working. I think FB wants the traffice.

Yes, I could disable FB, but I feel better that I can delete the app all together from my phone. I have had locked Verizon phones for the last ten years. Was a pain having to go in and disable about 10 apps when I first received a new phone. Much nicer having few apps shipped with the phone really nice being able to delete the few that came with the phone.

I would love Social Media if people were required to classify a post before it was posted (politics, religion, pet pictures, news or maybe news, etc...). Next have a feature where you could chose what categories to allow in your news feed. I have moved many times both as an adult and growing up. I liked keeping up with my friends. I did remove a few friends from my feed and unfriended a few that kept posting political stupid and hate messages (from both sides of the spectrum). Hopefully someday enough people realize how having so much hate and stupidiness spread on social media is bad. Too bad so many evidently thrive on it

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I disagree the political stuff is gone. I guess it depends on what you classify as politics. My wife is on FB and I have seen her feed. I tried many times to use the FB filters they worked at first then they stopped working. I think FB wants the traffice.

Yes, I could disable FB, but I feel better that I can delete the app all together from my phone. I have had locked Verizon phones for the last ten years. Was a pain having to go in and disable about 10 apps when I first received a new phone. Much nicer having few apps shipped with the phone really nice being able to delete the few that came with the phone.

I would love Social Media if people were required to classify a post before it was posted (politics, religion, pet pictures, news or maybe news, etc...). Next have a feature where you could chose what categories to allow in your news feed. I have moved many times both as an adult and growing up. I liked keeping up with my friends. I did remove a few friends from my feed and unfriended a few that kept posting political stupid and hate messages (from both sides of the spectrum). Hopefully someday enough people realize how having so much hate and stupidiness spread on social media is bad. Too bad so many evidently thrive on it

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I disagree the political stuff is gone. My wife is on FB and I have seen her feed. I tried many times to use the FB filters they worked at first then they stopped working. I think FB wants the traffice.

Well it's obviously not all gone, but nothing like it was.

Anyway, back on subject. My bad

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Back on topic glad to see we are using the same phones again. I have had mine for about two weeks. I like a lot about the phone. If I had any changes I wish the outer screen about 1/2 inch wider. I know that would make the whole device about an inch wider.

Still I am fine with the outside screen. I use it more than thought I would. The screen is very readable. I also like that the outside screen is like its own phone for things like widgets. I do miss Nova Prime. I hope they provide support for the Fold. I really like to customize my phone. Good Lock is nice but I would like a few more options.

I also wish the phone supported micro SD cards. I guess Samsung likes their extra $100. I also bought my daughter a Flip 3 and she wanted the 256GB version for Verizon. That was a real challenge, I started shopping in early November. Samsung had a good deal and gave me A two week arrival date. They kept extending it until by the start of the second week of December they changed and said they could not provide shipping date. I switched to Best Buy with a one week arrival date, they changed a week later to maybe Dec. 27th and if not they would auto cancel the order. I tried Verizon and other stores and none had the 256 version. I finally found an unlocked version. I could find plenty 128 available but 256 was really hard. I found the same with the Fold 3 plenty of availability for 256 but 512 was harder. Even if the fold had an SD slot I still would have purchased the 512 model. I use my phone for work and keep large Office files on the phone. Plus I take lot of pictures and videos. For the first time I considered a PPro 6 512 just because the storage was the same. I decided to get the Fold due to the Best Buy deal. I hear the new Ultra/Note may have a 1TB option. I wish the Fold had the option. Would have been a no brainer choice for me.

Thanks for the replies.

Last edited:

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I had to make the choice for storage as well and ended up going 512 on my Fold. I had a 512 N20U with a 512GB card and LOVED it, but now, down to 1/2 the storage and I have had to chance how I use my phone a bit for that, but all in all, I manage to get everything I need on my phone now.

I do agree, a 1TB option would have been solid, but I am managing now. I would need a bit more of an upgrade from 512 to 1tb to get me on the Fold 4. I don't want to get into the cycle of buy a new phone every year. I was going to stick with the N20U for a few more years, but I write a list of everything I would love in a Fold 3, and they hit enough of the list to get me to jump ship, but now, I need to settle for a bit. :D

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I had 512 in my Note+ and a 256 GB card. I was going to buy a 512 GB card but never had the need. I did have the card about 3/4s full. Before COVID I travelled a lot for work. Around 3-4 times a year to India and several trips to Europe and Asia. Plus USA domestic trips. I kept work documents on the phone storage and my pictures and entertainment (Music, Audio books and Movies and TV shows) on my SD card. Like you I can manage with 512 but would not want any less. I think Samsung is learning, the higher storage phones seem to be the harder to obtain. I found the same true when I was looking at a Pixel 6 Pro.

I doubt I will update to the Fold 4. I tend to update every 2-3 years. I would have stayed with the Note 10+, but the Best Buy deal was great and I could buy the phone. I am tired of making phone payments even if they are interest free. I am starting to feel big slab phones really don't have a lot of differences. After 2 weeks I am finding lots of uses of the Fold. I can do a lot with work on the phone. I find my Note Tablet not getting very much use. :eek:

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
No, the stand is not a wireless charger, however, I have a charger that I can use, but I mainly use this when I am not near power. I have a 20kmah battery pack when I need extended time in this setup. Even though the pic is showing Portrait, I normally have this in Landscape, so the USB-C port is accessible for power.

Here is they KB: https://smile.amazon.com/Bluetooth-iClever-Sensitive-Pocket-Sized-Tri-Folded/dp/B07ZRNJ4DX

What I LOVE about this KB is that the trackpad works great. Nice to have it when it is not as easy to use the touch screen. Also, above the track pad, there are 3 buttons, you can pair this with up to 3 devices and just press a button to connect to different devices. :)