Purple home keys?

Magnious

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I got my new Droid today. My last one had the restart problem. This one is much better! The weird thing is that the home keys (back - menu - home - search) have a purple hue to them. The ones on my other Droid were brighter and a vibrant white. Anyone else have this problem?

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I got my new Droid today. My last one had the restart problem. This one is much better! The weird thing is that the home keys (back - menu - home - search) have a purple hue to them. The ones on my other Droid were brighter and a vibrant white. Anyone else have this problem?

WOW. you know, I totally didn't notice until you posted this. Mine are a bit dull and purple too! >.< I might be making a call to Verizon tomorrow... Ugh. So much programming and customizing already, I really don't wanna go through it again.

Magnious

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
It doesn't bother me enough to takr it back. I am just happy that it works right. If I were you I wouldn't worry about taking it back either. I guess it adds character. I am so happy with my new droid. It works so much better! The purple keys are worth the trade off. Like others posted..my keyboard seems to work better on this one too...

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site

LOL so are my fiance's but I thought that had somthing to do with the apps she may have downloaded........but mine are white lol......that's wierd!

iJason#WN

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
All my buttons except my search button are purple. Do you think this might be fixed with the update next week? Its such a hassle to swap out phones id rather not if possible

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I can't understand why anyone would swap out a phone because of this.

Would Verizon even swap it out for something like this? I understand other annoyances like dust under the screen, but this seems to be an non-issue, especially one that would warrant swapping out the device.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Different colored touch-buttons?

I doubt this is anything of consequence, more than variation in products, but I figured I'd mention it anyways.

I was looking at my friends Droid, and I noticed that the touch sensitive buttons are a slightly different color. Nothing terribly noticeable, but her keys were slightly more purple in color.

They were still white, and the difference was so barely noticeable that even when I tried to take a photo in a dark room, they both appeared more or less white in the picture. But there was still a variation in color temperature.

My phone is a 42/09, and hers is 46/09.

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Mine have a purplish hue to them as well. I think we are getting a little picky here, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your phone.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I don't think anybody is feeling that this is a negative part of the phone, it's just an interesting little quirk that we noticed about the phone.

My phone doesn't have the purplish hue, and honestly, I could care less that it doesn't.