Quality of sound via bluetooth - is it high end or special?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I usually listen to music with wireless headphones or earbuds. I have very nice over-the-ear headphones that I use a lot. I read that the Mate 9 doesn't support aptX. Bluetooth compresses music and so do the major streaming services. Maybe it's the placebo effect or "new phone syndrome" but it seems like my music sounds better streaming from the Mate 9, I can definitely tell when compared with streaming from my laptop.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I usually listen to music with wireless headphones or earbuds. I have very nice over-the-ear headphones that I use a lot. I read that the Mate 9 doesn't support aptX. Bluetooth compresses music and so do the major streaming services. Maybe it's the placebo effect or "new phone syndrome" but it seems like my music sounds better streaming from the Mate 9, I can definitely tell when compared with streaming from my laptop.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Not sure, but I immediately noticed that the mate 9 sounds significantly better with my Bose QC headphones than my 6p or Note 5. Maybe that shouldn't be an impressive comparison, but it sounds so much better to me. I only stream Google Play Music

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Not sure, but I immediately noticed that the mate 9 sounds significantly better with my Bose QC headphones than my 6p or Note 5. Maybe that shouldn't be an impressive comparison, but it sounds so much better to me. I only stream Google Play Music

Yes! Exactly! I have Bowers & Wilkins P7's (wireless) and they sound like my aptX walkman! Also Google Play Music. Nice little side benefit to this phone!

Ok... that's two of us. Glad it's not just me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance