Query on choosing a tablet for one note

Scuzzball

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't know much about android hardware. I can spec out a desktop computer easily, but it seems that tablets are an entirely different game.
I'm looking for a tablet that can run one note, deal with a keyboard, and use a stylus, preferably for under 200USD.
Anyone have recommendations, or failing that, how should I go about finding more information?

Many thanks for any help

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! They should all be able to run OneNote, assuming they are running Android 4.1 or above. Bluetooth keyboards aren't a problem, either. When you mention stylus as a criterion, are you talking about using a stylus with special functions? All Android tablets can be used with a basic stylus (i.e., to replace your fingertip), but if you want a more fully functional stylus, you'll probably want to focus on the Galaxy Note tablets, that have their nifty S Pens. Check out the Note Pro line.

Scuzzball

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I know that you can get styluses that just replace your finger, but I was hoping for the more fully featured type, as oneNote does have support for that.
The problem is price. I was hoping to find more of an older tablet, under 200USD. Looks like I managed to edit that out of the original post, I'll add it back in.

Scuzzball

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
It looks like the note 8" you linked on woot isn't supported by cyanogenmod.
I've continued searching on my end, and I think I might go with the TF700T, as it seems to have quite a large modding community, and upon brief search, a bunch of how to threads came up for upgrading to 4.4.
Edit: Also, stability issues, and no actual stylus support.

So I guess my question now is what kind of benefits does actual support for a stylus give? OneNote doesn't seem to use the support, and the samsung s pen seems to mostly be for samsung stuff, which I won't be using.
Is this correct?
I'm typing 90% of my notes, I just need the occasional diagram drawn out, so I don't think I actually need stylus support?

Sorry about having little idea what I'm doing.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61