Question about android auto connection

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. I was just wondering what sort of cable is correct for connecting to a wired android auto connection? I have a Kia Stinger which is not wireless so I need to use a USB-A to USB-C cable.

Can I use any charging cable or does it need to be some specified data cable? I've been using some old cables and connect to Google maps and the infotainment disconnects from Google maps. And then when I attempt to make a phone call, even though I have allowed contact and call permissions, I get an audible massage that says calls not allowed from this service.

So I'm not sure if I need a different cable with some specified data transmission.

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
You might want to find a newer version, maybe 3.1 or higher. I had issues with my Flip3 and a USB-A to USB-C cable where Waze would randomly freeze up. After trying a different cable, not really sure what version it was, it stopped freezing up.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
You might want to find a newer version, maybe 3.1 or higher. I had issues with my Flip3 and a USB-A to USB-C cable where Waze would randomly freeze up. After trying a different cable, not really sure what version it was, it stopped freezing up.

Thanks. I'll try buying a new cable, 3.1 as you suggest.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey