Question about apps/account

theking52

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm highly considering buying a Xoom. I won't need 3G model cause if its needed I can just use my galaxy S for tethering as its rooted and all. This is the first tablet I'll be getting so I'm just wondering regards to app. I have gotten a ton of apps from the market on my Galaxy S, would I have to download and buy them again for Xoom as well even if i use the same account?

Also how does firmware upgrade work since there really isn't a carrier (atleast not for wifi version). Would updates be quicker on 3G cause of that?

Thanks for helping a tablet noob! : )

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello, theking52.
Welcome to the forum.

I believe that once you sign back onto your Gmail account all your paid and stock app should automatically shows up on your device. (I stand corrected if it doesn't work like that for your device)

theking52

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I use TI Backup so I dont know if that works on my device or not, since anytime I change ROMs or reset, I just restore apps from that. Hopefully you're right... Thanks.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah your apps are tied to your Google account not device so you'll be able to get them.

Since you mention Titanium Backup, I know on other tablets people take out their phone sd card and put it in their tablets and load up titanium and just restore their apps from there, seems like a fast / easy way of getting everything setup.

theking52

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
ohh that sounds good... ill have to look up how to transfer TI on the external card, since i never bothered taking it off from the internal sd. i know there's a way since I've come across topics on it, just never looked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acetaminophen09