Question about wallpaper crop box (on HTC Raider)

roolala

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got an HTC Raider (HTC Vivid for those in the US) yesterday, and I had a quick question about wallpapers/cropping that's a bit different from the cropping questions everyone else seems to be asking.

So, when I first went to set a gallery image as the wallpaper image, the infamous green cropping box was a portrait-style rectangle that could not be resized. It just turns out that that was a great sized box and it make my wallpaper look great in the end.

However, this is my first Android phone and I'd been doing some exploring last night and ended up downloading something called the ADW Launcher (I'm sure many of you are familiar with it). I tried some wallpaper option on that, and it blew my wallpaper image up to an immense size and zoomed in on it like crazy. I uninstalled the ADW launcher and went back to using the "HTC Sense" desktop as normal. However, now that I've gone back to this one, when I try to set a wallpaper image, the crop box is a resizeable square (or slightly landscape-style rectangle). I cannot figure out how to get it to go back to the portrait-style crop box it originally had.

Can anybody help me with this? Any info at all is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

sonofawe

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I had this issue for a few days now. My solution came from my problem, actually. I had downloaded a bunch of launchers, including two low-aspect ratio ones called LauncherPro and Zeam Launcher. I changed the settings to make the wallpapers move to off, and uninstalled them. Then I went to the high-aspect launchers (Nova Launcher and Apex Launcher), changed the options to have the wallpaper move with screens to OFF, then I pressed the home button to switch to HTC Sense, and set that as default. When I set a wallpaper, it worked like a charm after that. Good luck! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hbjhvbvhgv hgm