Question on Movies/Formats

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I want to put some movies on my XOOM. I have a Slingbox and while it works pretty well, it isn't as good as playing a file back from the device.

I have about 1,500 DVD's and Blurays that I have ripped to my video server, using AnyDVDHD. When I rip DVD's I just "Copy to Hard Disc" so I end up with a VIDEO_TS file and an AUDIO_TS file. When I rip Bluray I rip them to an ISO image.

Does anyone know if I can convert my existing rips to something that the XOOM will play? If not, in the future how do I need to rip them so that I can play them back on my XOOM? When I rip the video to my server I will simply rip them for the theater and for the XOOM, I just need some advice on the format and program to use.

Thanks in advance.

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
MP4 Format works well for me. There are several free/paid apps out that will do this for you. I'm not near my laptop I use for ripping DVD's, and at the moment, I don't remember the name of the program I use. I can post the name tonight if you would like.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind there are other players that support a bunch more formats, I use Moboplayer, it's the best that I could find, and it played .mkv .avi .mp4.

Sent from my Xoom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dijablue