Question regarding ESN

jfrancisny

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Q1) I'm planning on breaking my contract with Sprint, paying the early termination fee, and then selling my Galaxy S2 to recoup some of the cost (love the phone, hate the network). That being said, Is it safe to assume that as long as I pay the early termination fee, the Galaxy S2 will have a "clean" ESN and someone else could use it on Sprint?

Q2) If the above works as planned, I will purchase the Galaxy S3 on Verizon when it becomes available. Using Titanium Backup, would I be able to move apps and contacts to the new phone?

Any help is appreciated.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes, if you pay the ETF the ESN should be good.

On your other question - I would move your contacts to Gmail rather than use the phone contacts, then they will automatically sync when you sign in to the new device with your gmail account. Apps are another story - I would download fresh apps from the market and let them install natively. For the few apps that maintain state, like Games, I would just restore the data for those apps. If it works great, if not... Oh well.

Remember you need root on the device to run titanium for the restore.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: jfrancisny

jfrancisny

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response, it was helpful. One last question. If I download previously purchased apps on the new device, will the Market realize I've already paid for them?

supermanx5

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, so long as you use the same Gmail account with the Play Store it will recognize all the apps you've purchased. And as far as the ESN thing goes, your good as long as you pay the ETF. I used to work at Sprint :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomasgabel