Question regarding prime and Mac OSX

the mozz

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
So versus an IPad: both great looking devices, both have adequate but not spectacular displays, realistically enough processing power for a tablet (yeah yeah I know never enough..but let's face it these are not for 3d autocad!), strong browsers, good if not great user interfaces...pretty even battle.

One question I have is:How does Asus interact with Mac OSX?

I use a MacBook Pro as my daily computer, and a HTC Incredible as my phone. One of the few things I dislike about my droid phone is the lack of integration with Mac OSX. Syncing music, potos, etc is not nearly as streamlined as I think it should be. As an example I have all my music saved as apple lossless because I care about the fidelity. (I often use airplay or my laptop directly to play my music through a high end audio system.) Android cannot read apple lossless. And even simply syncing my itunes music requires me to have multiple versions in different folders when I mount my phone as a storage device.

Do any of the brands of android: Asus, Samsung, HTC etc. have software that offers better interfaces with Mac OSX than the others? If not what do you guys use to sync multimedia files with your tablets? Photos, music, movies etc seem much easier to sync with an IPad.

Also do you guys see anything similar to airplay coming for android? The live mirroring seems like an amazing feature of the IPad that may just be hard to top.

holycrap8

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Both are great pieces of hardware anyone would be lucky to own. The simple answer: if you live in a Mac ecosystem, another Mac product is going to work the best with your setup. They're designed to be used together.

If you're looking to try something new or take advantage of the more powerful hardware, get the prime. Hope that helps.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Rastor

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
DoubleTwist or TuneSync can be used to sync with an iTunes library and there are several apps that can play Apple Lossless.

But as with anything Android you will get best results by syncing from your PC (Mac) into the Google cloud and then just using the Android device's built in synchronization.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
DoubleTwist or TuneSync can be used to sync with an iTunes library and there are several apps that can play Apple Lossless.

But as with anything Android you will get best results by syncing from your PC (Mac) into the Google cloud and then just using the Android device's built in synchronization.

How could I forget Google Music cloud?! LOL

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Can't help you on the issue of reading Apple lossless, but to sync media, I usually just fire up USB Mass Storage, select everything, and copy/paste it over.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
The nice thing about Android is it doesn't take long to find an app you need, don't find it check back in a couple of days. The negative is it may not be perfect, just yet. But we have a friendly, community who is always willing to help with a work around.

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
With Android there are several ways of accomplishing music and multimedia synchronization. Have you tried DoubleTwist with AirSync? That will enable you to wirelessly transfer music, videos, etc between your Mac and your Android device. You can check it here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.doubleTwist.androidPlayerProKey&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwiY29tLmRvdWJsZVR3aXN0LmFuZHJvaWRQbGF5ZXJQcm9LZXkiXQ..

Insofar as photos, I use Picasa. It works pretty well.

AirSync is 10 cents today! might check it out. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.doubleTwist.androidPlayerProKey

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katcragon