Questions about rooting, ROMS, and updates.

leejonnymr

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
If I root my N4, put a rom on it and have a custom recovery, what are the necessary steps to get it back into stock so I can get updates?

I'm scared to mess something up.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
To answer your initial question of getting back to stock..
[h=3][GUIDE] Nexus 4 - Factory Image Restore[/h]
Next, if your willing to root and run custom ROMs on your N4 then usually within a few hours to a day or so the developers of your favorite custom ROMs have the latest updates incorporated into the ROMs so there is no real need to restore back to stock unless you want to run stock again.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes by following the instructions to flash the factory image it will restore the phone back to factory stock.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

leejonnymr

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I've been doing a lot of reading and i am planning to do a lot of changes. This includes but is not limited to, rooting, new rom, new kernel, new theme, and multiple new apps.

That guide will revert me to factory stock no matter what I do to my phone (other than it being bricked), correct?

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been doing a lot of reading and i am planning to do a lot of changes. This includes but is not limited to, rooting, new rom, new kernel, new theme, and multiple new apps.

That guide will revert me to factory stock no matter what I do to my phone (other than it being bricked), correct?

Yes, it'll take you back to stock.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAA