Questions on the G3 and G3 owners with At&t

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey community so i been debating on the G3 for awhile now. Im on a iphone 4s at the moment and figure its time for a change again. Heres some questions i hope you guys/gals can answer.

1.For those on at&t and own the g3 did you buy it off contract or on contract? Reason i ask is cause of bloatware. Did you disable everything at&t put on it an now feels bloatware free in a sense?

2.I seen some had problems with sd cards on the g3. Which is the best to use that is popular among g3 users?

3.On the messaging app (stock), when attaching pics to send to someone is there a way to send more than one or should i say select more than one in the gallery without goingback an forth between the message app and gallery?

4.When it comes to changing volume, do the alarm, ringtone and text tone have separate slider levels and is it accessible in the drop down screen?

5. Lastly, im on a mac with the newest os x, does android file transfer work on it still? No i dont want to transfer wirelessly or use google services within mail or cloud etc.

Thanks in advance!

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey community so i been debating on the G3 for awhile now. Im on a iphone 4s at the moment and figure its time for a change again. Heres some questions i hope you guys/gals can answer.

1.For those on at&t and own the g3 did you buy it off contract or on contract? Reason i ask is cause of bloatware. Did you disable everything at&t put on it an now feels bloatware free in a sense?

2.I seen some had problems with sd cards on the g3. Which is the best to use that is popular among g3 users?

3.On the messaging app (stock), when attaching pics to send to someone is there a way to send more than one or should i say select more than one in the gallery without goingback an forth between the message app and gallery?

4.When it comes to changing volume, do the alarm, ringtone and text tone have separate slider levels and is it accessible in the drop down screen?

5. Lastly, im on a mac with the newest os x, does android file transfer work on it still? No i dont want to transfer wirelessly or use google services within mail or cloud etc.

Thanks in advance!

On at&t next and disabled bloat so gone from main app screen. Including Facebook and yellow pages.

SanDisk ultra 32gb card. No issues.

Stock messaging app allows just one at a time. Better off choosing multiples from gallery and then choosing messaging app.

Yes and not accessible from notification drop down but just hit volume down or up then to the settings icon to right of slider.

Not sure about Mac transfers. Should be able to read storage.

Enjoy !!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

I bought mine on contract when it was on sale for $50 at best buy. What I did was I just went to Settings - Apps then disabled all the bloatware that I found. It improved my battery life once I did those since before no one told me that I should've disabled them go begin with. (First time Android user)

No problems here, using Samsung 64gb micro SD UH1

It will attach one at a time. Like the first poster said, it's best to start from gallery then select share via messaging.

They have sliders of their own found at Settings but not accessible from the drop down. I believe the T-Mobile G3 has it, not a big deal for me.

I have a mbp but I haven't heard nor tried the Android file transfer. Sorry

Thanks in advance!

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
The previous poster stated that you can only attach 1 picture at a time. That is not correct. You can attach multiple pics in one message. I have done it before. :) Good luck on your decision!

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
The previous poster stated that you can only attach 1 picture at a time. That is not correct. You can attach multiple pics in one message. I have done it before. :) Good luck on your decision!

Not from within the messaging app. Its 1 at a time.

If you start from gallery or photos. You can choose multiple pics and then open the stop messaging app.

Unless there's something I haven't found, do tell. :)

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

As what erwaso said, and me being the previous poster using a G3, I can definitely tell you it's only one pic at a time from the stock messaging app, unless otherwise it's from the gallery.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
With regard to buying the phone.... after a long chat with AT&T.... then another long chat... I went with the AT&T Next plan. It's basically 0% financing on the phone. You could buy it out anytime but why not take the free financing. Plus I paid no "activation fee" (hate those!). However, they told me my deal was something related to my particular Mobile Share plan so I don't know if they offer the same deal for everyone. They make things a bit more complicated than they need to be.

FYI - one of the things that confused me and, frankly, I think is a little misleading is the names of the plans:

• NEXT 12 = 18 month financing plan. The "12" refers to the fact you can upgrade after the 12th payment.
  • NEXT 18 = 24 month financing. Upgrade after the 18th.
  • NEXT 24 = 30 month financing. Upgrade after the 24th.

I was just thinking the Next number was the number of payments.

Hope that helps!

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
With regard to buying the phone.... after a long chat with AT&T.... then another long chat... I went with the AT&T Next plan. It's basically 0% financing on the phone. You could buy it out anytime but why not take the free financing. Plus I paid no "activation fee" (hate those!). However, they told me my deal was something related to my particular Mobile Share plan so I don't know if they offer the same deal for everyone. They make things a bit more complicated than they need to be.

FYI - one of the things that confused me and, frankly, I think is a little misleading is the names of the plans:

• NEXT 12 = 18 month financing plan. The "12" refers to the fact you can upgrade after the 12th payment.
  • NEXT 18 = 24 month financing. Upgrade after the 18th.
  • NEXT 24 = 30 month financing. Upgrade after the 24th.

I was just thinking the Next number was the number of payments.

Hope that helps!

yeah they like to confuse people. you should see the thread on NEXT in the AT&T forum lol

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
With regard to buying the phone.... after a long chat with AT&T.... then another long chat... I went with the AT&T Next plan. It's basically 0% financing on the phone. You could buy it out anytime but why not take the free financing. Plus I paid no "activation fee" (hate those!). However, they told me my deal was something related to my particular Mobile Share plan.....
Yep, I bought my G3 at Costco under the subsidized plan. They had it for $150 off the $199 price. Since I was on the 2 GB Next plan (now 3 GB) and had a $15 discount, it was cheaper to buy the phone subsidized, pay the $40 activation fee, pay the sales tax on $199 and lose the $15 discount for 24 months, than to buy the phone at retail ($579) plus 6% sales tax, and no activation fee. However, if I had been on a 10 GB or higher data plan, I would have lost the $25 per month discount, and it would have been cheaper to just buy the phone outright at full retail. I wound up saving about $150 over paying full retail, and I'm stuck with a 2 year contract, which is a non-issue as I don't intend to jump ship, and could easily steal my wife's upgrade eligibility if necessary.

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
So i ordered but have two questions/concerns.

On the email stock app, i was told you can get notified when you get new emails by setting intervals. Can someone tell me the lowest interval it shows or has since it doesnt use push?

Also, i read in another post that in lollipop they took away screen capture in the qmemo or whatever its called. Is this true for at&t as well?

Last edited:

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
So i ordered but have to questions/concerns.

On the email stock app, i was told you can get notified when you get new emails by setting intervals. Can someone tell me the lowest interval it shows or has since it doesnt use push?

Also, i read in another post that in lollipop they took away screen capture in the qmemo or whatever its called. Is this true for at&t as well?
1) Lowest is 15min

2) Not sure yet since AT&T LG G3s haven't been updated with Lollipop yet

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
1) Lowest is 15min

2) Not sure yet since AT&T LG G3s haven't been updated with Lollipop yet

Wow id be behind on emails then with it being 15min. By any chance is there a work around on getting my emails on time well notified on time? Im so use to the iphone on how it pushes an notifies me right then and there.

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Wow id be behind on emails then with it being 15min. By any chance is there a work around on getting my emails on time well notified on time? Im so use to the iphone on how it pushes an notifies me right then and there.

By any chance are you with Yahoo? Cause they have an app that would actually provide you push notifications instantly.

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Ive never tried it. What kept me away was the reviews it got on all the bugs it has. Have you ever tried it out?

The reviews are unfortunately right, there is an outbox bug, not sure if they fixed it yet since I uninstalled it and went back to stock e-mail.

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
For email, I found if you use the LG E-Mail app for gmail or any other email account, the lowest interval is 15 minutes as stated above. However, if you use the Gmail app on a gmail or exchange account, you get your email instantaneously.

Disclaimer: this was on my G2. On my G3, I found I don't really need to have email delivered instantly, so I am only using the LG Email app.

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
The reviews are unfortunately right, there is an outbox bug, not sure if they fixed it yet since I uninstalled it and went back to stock e-mail.

Oh ok hows the stock e-mail working out for you? Has it be reliable on whatever interval you have it set at?

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
For email, I found if you use the LG E-Mail app for gmail or any other email account, the lowest interval is 15 minutes as stated above. However, if you use the Gmail app on a gmail or exchange account, you get your email instantaneously.

Disclaimer: this was on my G2. On my G3, I found I don't really need to have email delivered instantly, so I am only using the LG Email app.

How has the lg email app worked for you Klotar?

gtcharlie

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
The stock app has been working very well for me. Just be aware when lollipop comes the stock app goes away and you are left with the gmail app as the default. That is what happened to me on my Nexus 7. Can't say I am happy with the change either. Takes some getting used to and in my experience has not been as reliable as the stock app was at least so far.

beezlebubz

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
The stock app has been working very well for me. Just be aware when lollipop comes the stock app goes away and you are left with the gmail app as the default. That is what happened to me on my Nexus 7. Can't say I am happy with the change either. Takes some getting used to and in my experience has not been as reliable as the stock app was at least so far.

Oh wow i had no clue they were removing the stock app when lollipop comes around. Thats kind of a let down since im not using gmail and yahoo mail app isnt running smooth and has bugs/errors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Addity