Quick heads up regarding Ultimate Mod

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to warn everyone about the Ultimate mod, and this isnt to bash or talk down upon the developer but after downloading the Ultimate mod, my computer has has 2 viruses implemented on my system because of this file. Im not sure if its intentional but downloading this mod has officially screwed up my computer due to the virus that came with the mod.

Just wanted to give anyone considering this mod a heads up before downloading it.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Do you mean Ultimate Droid? And what site did you get it from?

Yes, and from the hosts site. It totally fubared my computer and I highly reccomend NOT using this mod as it comes with a virus or two. In my case, came with 2.

Thanks Ultimate Droid for ass raping my system.

GivenToFly

Dec 30, 2009
www.apexautosound.com
WHAT?? I've downloaded every rom from Ultimate Droid since version 7, plus most of the boot animations, extras, a few kernels, and themes, and never got any kind of virus. Did you get it from the official site? or through a forum or other site?

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I intentionally go out of my way to find the developers sites to avoid **** like this and this time it bit me right in the ass. The viruses it put on my system literally ****ed my computer over, excuse my french but now I have to wipe my system to get rid of them and I HOPE to god they go away. Certain viruses, god forbid its the one I have even persist through formats.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
How are you sure it's that site you got the virus from?

Give us the link and I'll check it out.

You could have gotten a trojan from any file you've downloaded and now being used to gain access (remotely) to your PC.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
How are you sure it's that site you got the virus from?

Give us the link and I'll check it out.

You could have gotten a trojan from any file you've downloaded and now being used to gain access (remotely) to your PC.

How do I know? I know because the virus according to my Virus protection associates the virus with Ultimatedroid and the ONLY site I downloaded the mod from was the hosts site. 2 viruses for that matter are from the mod from the website. The virus protection is unable to remove the virus so this file I downloaded from their site is passing through the protection and destroying my system. I have to format it before it continues.

Im not using my system anymore as Im posting from a laptop so I cant get the link. Im just here to give those who are considering the Ultimate Droid mod a heads up before downloading it because downloading it gave me 2 viruses.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
just out of curiousity you are positive that it is the "Ultimate Droid" rom, or are you meaning the program "xUltimate" which lets you edit certain things on your droid from your computer. I remember when i downloaded xUltimate it said that it may be considered a Trojan by any antivirus programs but it is not harmful in anyway.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
just out of curiousity you are positive that it is the "Ultimate Droid" rom, or are you meaning the program "xUltimate" which lets you edit certain things on your droid from your computer. I remember when i downloaded xUltimate it said that it may be considered a Trojan by any antivirus programs but it is not harmful in anyway.

Im 100% positive it is NOT xUltimate. From what I can remember(since im not on my computer that has the viruses) its Ultimatedroid and the 2nd one was similar.

Its a virus, pretty positive considering my computer took a major **** after I downloaded the mod. That, and my virus protection caught 2 viruses from this mod.

keepsakenw

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I've been with UD for the past six revisions. I have downloaded from his board countless times with no problems. Sorry you are having problems with your computer but I have my doubts it came from the UD downloads considering he has hundreds of people downloading, maybe into the thousands with only this one report of a virus. Very unlikely. Virus' are not that random. They are not discriminate. They infect everyone. I am constantly on UD's site and not one mention of this problem. Just saying!

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
How do I know? I know because the virus according to my Virus protection associates the virus with Ultimatedroid and the ONLY site I downloaded the mod from was the hosts site. 2 viruses for that matter are from the mod from the website. The virus protection is unable to remove the virus so this file I downloaded from their site is passing through the protection and destroying my system. I have to format it before it continues.

Im not using my system anymore as Im posting from a laptop so I cant get the link. Im just here to give those who are considering the Ultimate Droid mod a heads up before downloading it because downloading it gave me 2 viruses.

You also stated you only d/l from their site, so it should be easy to produce the link you clicked. In fact, just give me the site and I'll check "all" the links, including mirrors out :)

I'm not saying you're not telling the truth, but from where I'm standing, you sound like an angry customer who wants to put doubts in everyone's head.

When did you d/l it? The day you made the post? A week prior? A month prior? Also, even though your virus checker found said it was from that d/l, it doesn't necessarily mean it originated from that d/l.

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
You also stated you only d/l from their site, so it should be easy to produce the link you clicked. In fact, just give me the site and I'll check "all" the links, including mirrors out :)

I'm not saying you're not telling the truth, but from where I'm standing, you sound like an angry customer who wants to put doubts in everyone's head.

When did you d/l it? The day you made the post? A week prior? A month prior? Also, even though your virus checker found said it was from that d/l, it doesn't necessarily mean it originated from that d/l.

To add onto what he said, Anti-Virus' are known to categorize certain files as malicious files, even though they aren't. Plus, if you're the only one who got this so called virus, maybe your system already had a virus, and when the file became downloaded, it infected that as well. Just a thought.

I really doubt it the website. If it is, sorry for doubting you and thanks for letting us know.
But till then ;)

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site

Ok look. I came here to simply give people a heads up about downloading that mod. I've tried many different mods to give them a try an see which one I liked. I didn't come here as an "angry customer" as your saying. With that said, ill Just stop posting If this is the kinda crap ill receive for giving other ppl looking to try this particular mod a try. I took my TIME to warn ppl about the experience I encountered with that mod. I'm not bashing, not being demeaning by any means. Just throwing a heads up out there.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Some people are protective, facts or no facts. If you do not like the comment, you do not necessarily need to respond to it.

Regardless of belief or not, it is possible that 3 situations happened:
1) A trojan did activate (not very likely)
2) A virus was overlinked on the file. This actually happened on Gizmodo a couple months, where a ad for suzuki had a virus overlayed on the banner. That might have happened as well.
3) When Blackdroid was packaging this file, it might have gotten affected, and possibly his system cleansed it later when other people d/l it.

Thank you for the heads up - If I do use UD, i'll make sure to get it off ROM manager.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Ok look. I came here to simply give people a heads up about downloading that mod. I've tried many different mods to give them a try an see which one I liked. I didn't come here as an "angry customer" as your saying. With that said, ill Just stop posting If this is the kinda crap ill receive for giving other ppl looking to try this particular mod a try. I took my TIME to warn ppl about the experience I encountered with that mod. I'm not bashing, not being demeaning by any means. Just throwing a heads up out there.

Maybe you didn't read what I wrote... I didn't call you an "angry customer". I stated you sound like one from my point of view.

Also... are you able to answer any of the questions that I asked? I just want to ensure the files are safe :)

GivenToFly

Dec 30, 2009
www.apexautosound.com
I just redownloaded a bunch of stuff from UD to my windows machine, (newest ROM version, some boot animations, and a kernel. and everything checks out.

Ultimate Droid is a fantastic rom, and I'd hate for blackdroid to get any kind of bad rep because someone got a virus from his site. Whether or not your virus came from the UD site, or somewhere else, and coincidentally occurs at the same time, maybe hijacking that download or something like that, i don't know. But I would say for you not to write off Ultimate Droid. This is probably some freak thing as much as it sucks, but I would never worry about downloading something from that site.

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
I just redownloaded a bunch of stuff from UD to my windows machine, (newest ROM version, some boot animations, and a kernel. and everything checks out.

Ultimate Droid is a fantastic rom, and I'd hate for blackdroid to get any kind of bad rep because someone got a virus from his site. Whether or not your virus came from the UD site, or somewhere else, and coincidentally occurs at the same time, maybe hijacking that download or something like that, i don't know. But I would say for you not to write off Ultimate Droid. This is probably some freak thing as much as it sucks, but I would never worry about downloading something from that site.

This is what I'm trying to say. Just because you coincidentally got a virus when you downloaded a ROM doesn't mean it was the ROM. There's plenty ways to become infected. Truly sorry you go infected to begin with, I hate viruses and all that. But as GivenToFly said, "But I would say you not to write off Ultimate Droid."

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
that's odd i have never got a virus from that sight before or heard of anyone getting one either besides you. but thanks for the heads up

Flyguide83

Nov 16, 2009
www.northwestfrontier.com
Some people are protective, facts or no facts. If you do not like the comment, you do not necessarily need to respond to it.

Regardless of belief or not, it is possible that 3 situations happened:
1) A trojan did activate (not very likely)
2) A virus was overlinked on the file. This actually happened on Gizmodo a couple months, where a ad for suzuki had a virus overlayed on the banner. That might have happened as well.
3) When Blackdroid was packaging this file, it might have gotten affected, and possibly his system cleansed it later when other people d/l it.

Thank you for the heads up - If I do use UD, i'll make sure to get it off ROM manager.

Nah, don't get it there... That is a NON-authorized version of UD... I don't use BlackDroids roms but I do know that he did not give them permission to have it on rom manager... at least not yet...
OP: if you were more open about any kind of spicifics regarding the event, people would not be asking you so many questions and calling you out... Unless you have some kind of way to prove your story.... Its basically slander.. No not calling you a liar...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci