quick question

panrrak96

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi, so I yesterday I successfully rooted my galaxy s3 to CyanogenMod 10.1 but I didn't do the stock touchwiz ROM backup because I didn't really think anything would go wrong and nothing did thank god, but I would like to know if I am able to set this ROM (CyanogenMod 10.1 ) as my backup ROM, so that if in the future when I flash some other ROMs, if something goes wrong I just go back to CyanogenMod ? Thank you

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, so I yesterday I successfully rooted my galaxy s3 to CyanogenMod 10.1 but I didn't do the stock touchwiz ROM backup because I didn't really think anything would go wrong and nothing did thank god, but I would like to know if I am able to set this ROM (CyanogenMod 10.1 ) as my backup ROM, so that if in the future when I flash some other ROMs, if something goes wrong I just go back to CyanogenMod ? Thank you

Welcome to the forums!
Yes. You should have installed a custom recovery. Reboot into it, and go down and select backup.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So I can set up CyanogenMod as my custom recovery instead of my old touchwiz ROM ?

Hang on....custom recovery allows making a backup. Reboot into recovery, make your backup, and then you are fine.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes just make a backup of your current setup if your happy with it and if something go's wrong or your not happy with your rom just restore your backup.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batni