Raleigh, NC network upgrades

miniracer2003

Aug 16, 2017
Visit site
In case anyone in the Triangle region was curious, Sprint has dramatically improved their network reliability and data quality in and around Raleigh. More specifically, Band 41 has been added to many of the cell sites throughout the city that previously only had Band 25 or 26. It seems they are finally getting serious about their September rollout of VoLTE. Also, certain phones have HPUE capabilities which significantly improves Band 41 range and allows for Band 41 usage inside some buildings that previously were too thick or too far from the cell site to penetrate effectively. Keep in mind the Apple has not added that feature to iPhones so only some of the top Android devices are capable. Within the Triangle area, my LG G7 on Sprint now matches or exceeds my wife's signal strength with her iPhone X on At&t. Granted, At&t does still have the data speed advantage in the area.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
They must have changed things in Fayetteville about 6 months ago. I was on Fi, and kept getting Sprint in my house, while it was intermittent a while ago when using a Sprint-only phone here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte