RAM allocation?

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
So it says I have 1.8 GB of RAM left. I have the 6GB model. Should I hit device optimization in maintenance? What's chewing up all this RAM? All I'm doing is web browsing and some Twitter/IG.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
So it says I have 1.8 GB of RAM left. I have the 6GB model. Should I hit device optimization in maintenance? What's chewing up all this RAM? All I'm doing is web browsing and some Twitter/IG.
I would run device maintenance and see if there are issues. You could have some apps running in the background that don't need to be that can be closed. I run device maintenance once or twice a day. You can also click on memory and clear out that as well.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
As others have said, there is nothing wrong. Android keeps things in memory to improve performance and battery life. Whenever it needs more memory it automatically closes low priority apps.

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
Ok thanks. It's just weird because it was consistently above 2GB for the 2 weeks I've had it and now I'm around 1.3-1.5 since yesterday and I haven't been doing anything different. Pretty much same apps and usage.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc