Ran out of app space, come on Moto, HTC.

matrix2004

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Same problem i had on Storm. So now i'm rooted and can't really enjoy it. Moto and HTC better make devices with at least a Gig of app space or i might go to the Iphone and the piece of crap At&t. WTF.:mad:

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiosity, how many apps do you have installed? And how many of them are large? I thought that the available space in the Droid is more than reasonable (especially when compared against Storm).

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Really you have to have a lot of apps on your phone I have 26 apps and plenty of widgets I'm only using 74 mb of my internal memory

kpageisgreat

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
wow thats crazy.... i have alot of apps but i dont think im nowhere close to using up all the space. well atleast no crazy memory leaks

matrix2004

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Really you have to have a lot of apps on your phone I have 26 apps and plenty of widgets I'm only using 74 mb of my internal memory

I have about 90 apps and about 6 widgets. Biggest app is HomeRunBattle 3D.

Oh i just got a text message memory full message too.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Man do you really need that many apps. it seems to me like the more apps I load the slower my phone gets. I download the apps and back them up the ones I know I won't be using I install and restore if I need to use it again

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Man do you really need that many apps. it seems to me like the more apps I load the slower my phone gets. I download the apps and back them up the ones I know I won't be using I install and restore if I need to use it again

I do the same thing gotta keep my droid fast and clean up that app drawer.

jdotcarter

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Yeah dont scare me like that. My storm could hardly run without shrinking the stock OS. I have witnessed droids with 5 times more apps than my storm and running 10 times faster

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I just did a backup with backup pro and it appears I have 46 apps of which I probably only use half regularly. I have 118MB free.

I'm with the rest of you guys and can't figure out why anyone would NEED 90 apps.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I have about 90 apps, and I usually run between 30MB and 50MB free on any given day - lots of widgets.

How can you do without fart droid?

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I dont know how you can have 90 apps. Im sure there are a bunch that you can trash. I have a bunch I know I could, just to lazy to delete em lol

G

GenericMessage

I have 48 apps and I thought that was a bit excessive, In fact, I am cleaning some out right now.

But even with those apps (and home-run 3d as you mentioned) I still have 90MB free.

Try clearing out the applications cache every once in a while.

ancient_dragon

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
90 apps does seem like a lot. But even if its not practical or needed to have that many apps, it would still be nice to have the option to do so. That's why I hope for app storage on SD cards down the road. Google has mentioned about encoding to possibly do that, and I hope eventually that does happen. Although I would probably not ever fill my phone anyway with current setup, it would still be nice to have option to do so.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSJUU