RCS issues with Google Messages.

scotthunter54

Oct 14, 2022
Visit site
I’ve had my S24 Ultra now for a few days and have run into a Google Messages issue today. I was trying to text my wife, who is also an android user. I texted her this morning, and received no response. When I went in to text her again, the message I previously sent was nowhere to be found. I sent her another text. Swiped out of messages. Went back into messages and, once again, the message I sent was gone. I typed another message and hit send. I noticed it looked different. No check marks showing it’s been sent, just a little lock symbol. As soon as a close out the message to my wife, my text disappears. I went in and turned off RCS chat. Went back to text my wife, and now it sends as sms. Went back to settings and turned on RCS. Tried to text my wife again, and same problem as before. Anyone else having this problem? I’ve cleaned cache in app, with no change. Appreciate your help.

Reactions: Margiefaith2

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
I’ve had my S24 Ultra now for a few days and have run into a Google Messages issue today. I was trying to text my wife, who is also an android user. I texted her this morning, and received no response. When I went in to text her again, the message I previously sent was nowhere to be found. I sent her another text. Swiped out of messages. Went back into messages and, once again, the message I sent was gone. I typed another message and hit send. I noticed it looked different. No check marks showing it’s been sent, just a little lock symbol. As soon as a close out the message to my wife, my text disappears. I went in and turned off RCS chat. Went back to text my wife, and now it sends as sms. Went back to settings and turned on RCS. Tried to text my wife again, and same problem as before. Anyone else having this problem? I’ve cleaned cache in app, with no change. Appreciate your help.
Make sure Google Carrier Services is installed. You can find it in the Play Store. Google Messages needs that for RCS. Google Carrier Services doesn't automatically install or transfer if you used Smart Switch.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
No have not had this problem. Or if I did it was quite some time ago when I first started using rcs. Ive been using it successfully with Android and iPhone users. Using Google messages with T-Mobile. Make sure your rcs settings are enabled and it's showing connected. I Also have send as SMS enabled in case it fails.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240201_215813_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20240201_215813_Messages.jpg
    552.1 KB · Views: 71

scotthunter54

Oct 14, 2022
Visit site
I am on T-mobile. The phone is an unlocked phone. I have been using RCS chats successfully since I set the phone up last Friday. It Has worked perfectly until today. Also, yes my wife’s phone has RCS enabled. I also tried to send an RCS message to my son, who has a Galaxy s22, and it failed just like the messages to my wife.

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I am on T-mobile. The phone is an unlocked phone. I have been using RCS chats successfully since I set the phone up last Friday. It Has worked perfectly until today. Also, yes my wife’s phone has RCS enabled. I also tried to send an RCS message to my son, who has a Galaxy s22, and it failed just like the messages to my wife.
FWIW I am on TMo US with an S24U also using Google messages and RCS. No issues here.

I am signed up for the Google messages beta. I also have Google carrier services beta installed.

scotthunter54

Oct 14, 2022
Visit site
Okay, may have fixed it. Went in to Apps in settings. Went to messages. Cleared data and cache for the app. I had went in before and opened Samsung messages to move my messages over to it, so I didn’t lose them. I then opened Gooogle messages again and started the app From scratch. Itt the pulled my messages back over. Unfortunately when I went into settings, to turn on RCS, it said that my phone did not support RCS. I restarted my phone. Once I opened Messages, it immediately told me RCS was being set up. Once it completed, I attempted a message to my wife, and boom…. It’s back to working. Thanks everyone for your input.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Okay, may have fixed it. Went in to Apps in settings. Went to messages. Cleared data and cache for the app. I had went in before and opened Samsung messages to move my messages over to it, so I didn’t lose them. I then opened Gooogle messages again and started the app From scratch. Itt the pulled my messages back over. Unfortunately when I went into settings, to turn on RCS, it said that my phone did not support RCS. I restarted my phone. Once I opened Messages, it immediately told me RCS was being set up. Once it completed, I attempted a message to my wife, and boom…. It’s back to working. Thanks everyone for your input.
I'm glad you got it sorted. Thanks for sharing your solution, too. That will be helpful if other people experience the same problem.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
It can be so frustrating when you have issues with something as critical as texting.

I've used the beta version of Google Messages so I could use the new features sooner, but that means I'm dealing with more hiccups. Google updates frequently in an attempt to fix so at least bugs get squashed fairly quick. But I think I will switch back to standard version after most of the features are developed that I enjoy using.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
If you are expecting anything but the most barebones malicious compliance from Apple, then I suspect you may be dissapointed.
I just want pics and vids to be more usable, although I could have really used it about 8 years ago, when my wife constantly sent videos of our kid. I explained to her numerous times that they're barely viewable, but the rest of the family all had iPhones so that issue was always lost with her.

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
For now, I always leave RCS off when using the Google Messages app, and basically am only just using the app for its SMS/MMS (and for its iPhone reactions) functionality. For me, there just still isn't enough people stably using RCS for it to be worthwhile. Back long ago when I had an iPhone, I periodically had similar issues with iMessaging, similar to what the OP reported for RCS.

Reactions: J Dubbs

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000