Re-root from device?

Jeffrey99

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
The Andriod new I am, decided to install the 4.3 OTA update and not think anything about it. And of course now, I no longer have root. Took me a while to notice it, as all I use it for is transferring to and from USB flash drives with OTG cable. Still not sure why that's not enabled out of the box, since there is no SD card access. Seems kinda moronic to me.

Anyway, my question is, is there anyway to re-root from the device? I tried doing it from my PC this morning but I no longer have the OEM usb cable, it somehow developed a short not long after buying the Nexus. I was able to get the OEM cable to work last time but I have since moved and don't think I have that cable anymore. So the device now will not recognize ADB mode. So I can't get the Nexus 7 toolkit to work.

Do I have any other options? Anything I can do straight from the device? IS there a way to use the OTG with the new 4.3 without needing root?

Thanks,
Jeffrey

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Rooting & unlocking the Nexus device requires the use of a computer and USB cable. Any USB to micro USB cable should work, of course there is the occasional USB that doesn't like to do anything but provide a charge but thats rare. You can pick one up for very cheap online for a few bucks or at any good electronics store. I've used Blackberry cables, old Palm cables they are very universal for the most part when it comes to micro USB.

Jeffrey99

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Rooting & unlocking the Nexus device requires the use of a computer and USB cable. Any USB to micro USB cable should work, of course there is the occasional USB that doesn't like to do anything but provide a charge but thats rare. You can pick one up for very cheap online for a few bucks or at any good electronics store. I've used Blackberry cables, old Palm cables they are very universal for the most part when it comes to micro USB.

Thanks. Guess I'll just have to retry from a different PC. As pretty sure cable I'm using now is from Blackberry. If it still doesn't work, guess I'll just buy a OEM cable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexa soundzen